re-recable my SR60s help
Feb 1, 2009 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pegleg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi....I have a pair of SR60's that have been recabled with Canare Starquad. While the sound is nice, the cables are a bit too stiff for me. I'm looking for someone to re-cable the phones with original Grado cable or a more flexible after market cable. Or maybe someone can point me in the right direction to doing it myself. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....Jack

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 4
hey, sorry I forgot to reply to your PM...

I think you can probably see what S2 audio can offer you.

Or, if you want to do it yourself, you can too.

Basically you just have to make a mini-mini cable but instead of one ground wire, you solder two on there and split them between two headphone drivers.

So left + ground will go to your left driver

right + ground will go to your right driver

It's actually pretty easy.

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Fatman711 is right, its pretty simple, the best way is to take a look at the stickied how to make an interconnect threads. Then when you take apart your grado's (which admittedly may be the hardest part) you will notice two contact patches on each driver. One will be the left channel and the other the ground and on the other driver it will be the right channel and the ground. good luck, feel free to pm me with any questions but alot of diyers here should be more than willing to help you out if anything goes wrong, just post pics if you come across any problems. BTW an ohm meter would be helpful to detect bad soldering jobs.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 4
I recommend getting some SPC - silver plated copper in teflon

24-26gauge is good for a nice flexible cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back