Re maxxed GES
Dec 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sahara

100+ Head-Fier
Finally I've decided to buy a GES maxxed for my Staxs. The question is rather curious:

What kind of new modifications/ upgrades can be carried out in a GES maxxed to get out to the maximum of its possibilities?

I love the size and minimalist look of the amplifier, but I would like to address some modification next future to make it comparable to larger models.

Cheers

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 7
Here's a crazy idea - why don't you critically listen to it first before adding a whole bunch of tweaks which a) you've never heard or had experience with, b) may "correct" problems which were not actually problems in the first place and  c) whose changes may not even be to your liking?

On the other hand, if you're just looking for the audiio jewelry bling factor, then hey! go nuts.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
 The question is rather curious:

Quote:
Here's a crazy idea - why don't you critically listen to it first before adding a whole bunch of tweaks which a) you've never heard or had experience with, b) may "correct" problems which were not actually problems in the first place and  c) whose changes may not even be to your liking?

On the other hand, if you're just looking for the audiio jewelry bling factor, then hey! go nuts.

Smeckles

The question was a simple curiosity. It has no practical effects before listen the amplifier, of course.

Anyway if there is a way to improve something that is good, I want to know it...

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Go straight to the BHSE, and save a lot of time & trouble.

Too big for my rack!!
triportsad.gif

I ,ve been interested in WES and Aristaeus but separate PSU is terrific for my interests
I have the WA2 & HD 800 and GES is near identical case and dimensions. I like the look of the amplifier and it has the perfect size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back