Re-Cabled 800s
Mar 23, 2010 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

upstateguy

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Always good to hear from you USG
smily_headphones1.gif
If you can't hear differences among headphone cables, then it's best you don't waste money on other cables either. I would say you have been blessed.
Unfortunately for me, I have found differences from recabling headphones, not consistently positive ones, but differences nonetheless. Let me be clear here by saying that the differences were all subtle and required careful listening most of the time to discern. That being said, my recent upgrade of the HD800 cable produced a difference significant enough that even my non-audiophile brother noticed (and liked).

[[comment removed to change the tone of the thread]]

This is not a "belief systems" thread, it is a thread describing the effect of a new cable on 800s?

USG

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to suggest that as long as you knew which cable you were listening to, all you experienced was a psycho-acoustical effect.

That said, can you describe the effect the new cable had on your 800s?

USG

That's like saying to a shaman or witch-doctor:

"I think your spells are a scam, but that being said, can you perform some in front of my doctor friends so that we may mock your barbaric ways?"

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's like saying to a shaman or witch-doctor:

"I think your spells are a scam, but that being said, can you perform some in front of my doctor friends so that we may mock your barbaric ways?"

That might be one way to look at it, but not in this case.

I am interested in hearing about the changes Shahrose and his brother heard with their re-cabled 800.... can't comment further until I see his discription.

USG

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 8
Original comment deleted.... I'll remain calm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Differences heard where they really aren't isn't only confined to cables.

Big differences heard where such a big difference doesn't exist isn't confined to cables.

We all have our work cut out for us to be as true as possible to ourselves and ears with all the gear that we may have.

I'll personally not simply listen to experimental reports. While they have their role, they do have their limitations and it's great that those before us didn't shackle themselves too much by experimental outcomes. I've too often seen fanatically defended evidence for years end up being eventually debunked. As a result I'll always advise due care.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 8
This looks interesting. As I've stated in the other thread, I could care less if others believe me or not. I hear it and that's all that matters to me. The fact that others in my system hear the difference is just a bonus.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

This looks interesting. As I've stated in the other thread, I could care less if others believe me or not. I hear it and that's all that matters to me. The fact that others in my system hear the difference is just a bonus.

Best comment today!
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Hi Shahrose

You and I have chatted many times before so I moved the thread to the Headphone forum, rather than Sound Science, so we could finish our discussion without "belief systems" getting in the way.

I am very curious about your experience and look forward to learning about it.

Regards

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back