Hand Held De-Soldering Pump
BernzOmatic Lead-free Rosin Core Solder 1mm size
Flexo-Pet 1/8 Sleeving
Heat Shrink 3/8 2:1 Black
2 Neutrik 3.5mm Plugs 231 and 231L
1 Cable -Pants for D2000
6FT Mogami 2534 for D2000
6FT Mogami 2893 for D1000

Thats it, So really I have a few questions. Should I get better heat shrink? The self-stick stuff? 3:1 The size should be 6mm, correct?
Is my solder gonna be good enough? I see mentions of WBT and a few other brands, something with a K?
Should I make my grounds at the Y or plug? And what is the L/R spots on these plugs? I did a search, and didn't see anything unless I missed it. Thx in advance on answers!!!

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 4
get the polyolefin heatshrink -- it is much better too work with. the tip is left, the ring is right, and the barrel is ground. you might want to get a basic multimeter so you can verify your connections and troubleshoot what connects where by checking continuity. where did you get the cable pants, btw???

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the polyolefin heatshrink -- it is much better too work with. the tip is left, the ring is right, and the barrel is ground. you might want to get a basic multimeter so you can verify your connections and troubleshoot what connects where by checking continuity. where did you get the cable pants, btw???

Search Results Page

I got the Monster Cable ones. I know, Monster=BLAH!!! But they are very nicely made. Very heavy duty...Oh, nice tip on the multi. I was planning on going to Ratshack so I'll see if they have an el-cheapo. If not maybe Home Depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back