Re adding the printed symbols & names on some audio gear?
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ghaunty22

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at painting the housing of my amp & this means losing the names printed on the front like the power button symbol, volume + -, etc.

Just wondering if you can get anything in a sticker form that would look really good? Don't think I have any other choices & just leave it naked.

thanks

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm looking at painting the housing of my amp & this means losing the names printed on the front like the power button symbol, volume + -, etc.

Just wondering if you can get anything in a sticker form that would look really good? Don't think I have any other choices & just leave it naked.

thanks

The best way to do this yourself - and it will take work - is to use something like dry transfer lettering. These come in sheets using the fonts and sizes you select. Unfortunately, they're getting scarce these days and you may need to make your own. Use Google to find/make them.

Basically, dry transfer lets you rub-on lettering to a flat surface without tape or a decal film. Once you have the lettering down, you apply a clear-coat(s) of paint to make them permanent.

One other way is to simply ship the endplates off to a silkscreen service, but that can be very expensive if you don't have a volume order.

May 29, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 3
Maybe have some custom vinyl "wall decals" made. I believe you can make your own designs and have them prodessionally printed.

Ive never used them but found it on a Google search. If they can do these color prints, im sure a few letters and numbers are possible.

http://www.fathead.com/custom/die-cut-vinyl/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back