RE-0, or RE-Zero, or....
Jun 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ethereal Sound

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, so I'm having some trouble picking out an IEM. I was contemplating between the RE-0 and the RE-Zero but I don't know too many good IEMs around that price range. I will be using a Cowon J3 with almost all FLAC files and I was wondering which headphones would bring out the best quality at a $120 range. By the way, if it matters, I mostly listen to classical, rock, and hip hop/R&B. Thanks~

Jun 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Either of those, really.  Zero is a bit more efficient and will be a little better suited for rock, among other things.

Jun 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 6
RE0 needs an amp to achieve its full potential, but it sounds very good even without one. The Etymotic HF5 is also a very good choice, especially if you don't want an amp.

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
What about classical? I listen to a lot of classical and instrumental music.

Either will do well with those genres.  I like RE0 better for classical than Zero, personally.

I'd recommend RE252 over either if you can shoot for it. 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Is the RE252 a lot better than the RE-Zero/0? I don't think I can afford one of those yet but I guess I'll go with the RE-Zero as I am unable to afford an amp so far and I heard that the RE-Zero doesn't need an amp as much as a RE-0. Thanks everyone for all your help~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back