?RCA to Speaker Wire cables?
Mar 25, 2006 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lippy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Does anyone know if one can acquire speaker cables that have the speaker wire connect on one end (the traditional exposed wire end) and an RCA plug on the other end? If so, can anyone recommend a brand?

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lippy
Hi all,

Does anyone know if one can acquire speaker cables that have the speaker wire connect on one end (the traditional exposed wire end) and an RCA plug on the other end? If so, can anyone recommend a brand?

Thanks!

What in the world do you need that for? If you need something as unusual as that, chances are something is not right with the system and there's probably a better way of doing it than using a cable like this.

FYI, if you really want a cable like this, just cut off one RCA plug from one end and use the "signal" and "return" wire just like speaker cables, assuming you don't need high-power transfer.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Well i did this, probably not to the greatest effect, but i did it. I took speaker wire and soldered RCA connectors on each end. It works, but probably not that well. I dont care though, its a 60 CD changer, but all it had was speaker outs.
-g

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Years ago (make that decades ago
biggrin.gif
), I remember power amps and receivers that used RCA jacks for speaker hook-ups, but they were usually complete systems, had RCA jacks on the speakers, and RCA cables shipped with them as well. At that time, out fast-and-dirty replacement was just to get a good RCA cable that was twice as long as the speaker cable run desired, cut it exactly in half, and strip back and tin the center conductor and jacket to hook to the speaker screw terminals. Nver hurts to check the conductor polarity before hooking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back