RCA splitters
Aug 13, 2001 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Phlosopher

New Head-Fier
Hi,
My Denon 370 is in need of two outputs (at least two), and I was wondering what would happen if I used an RCA splitter on its output.....Would sound quality be noticably downgraded because of the number of extra things between my phones and the original jacks? Would it be degraded because the power going to each of my amps would be cut in half? Would it be cut in half?

Aug 13, 2001 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 4
would totally depend on the drive capability of the Denon

If not enough current drive is available ,you could clip the output

a simple solution would be to add a distribution amp after the CDP.either commercial or DIY

Aug 13, 2001 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 4
bump and I was curious if there is any inexpensive way to do this? I don't really want to go in the direction of another amp because I'm afraid that this would definitely downgrade the quality of the signal (unless I dished out a ton of money). Also, I'm wondering if there is a simple switch one could get that would be less expensive?

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Well absodamnlutely there is an easyier/cheaper method,but I was answering the specifics of the question as to possible problems and the prevention of

Easy/quick fix ?

Radio Shack 15-1956 A/V selector $24.99 (they no longer carry the straight 1-of-4 audio selector) used "backwords"

By that i mean the output is used to connect to the cd player and the "inputs" are then used as outputs to each individual device

problem is , this is a 1-of-4 switch with interlocks (pushing a button deactivates a previously depressed button) so you still only get one output at a time

Another possible solution is a DIY switch box using a DPDT switch for the amount of desired outputs

option three , even a better solution , is as above but with the addition of a buffer stage ,really easy to build if battery operated and output drive and interaction isssues would be minimized

Sooooo many choices

ricktheswitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back