RCA quality
Apr 15, 2006 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blue4n3

100+ Head-Fier
I have read all about the speaker cable debate. But what about RCA cables? Shorter the better. Ok. But what about sheilding. I hear that excesive sheilding can actually add ground loop. I have been researching, and am not sure about all this...so dont kill me. I haave come to the conclusion that in-the-box audio RCA or cheapo 5$ cables are not the best. Granted a 20-40$ cable will work well. Anything over that is snake oil.

right wrong?
dont want to start contreversy, but want to know so I can appropriately get all the audio out of my set up without going broke

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 4
The best thing you can do is get a set of $50 and maybe some $100 and some in the box ones and compare them. See if you can tell a difference and if so, which sound better and which are in the sweet spot. Get them from a place that has a good return policy, so you can determine the best bang for the buck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Why don't you have a friend swap them back and forth for you. You may also want to hear an entire song rather than fast switching for a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back