RCA Plugs question
Oct 30, 2008 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6
this is probably obvious to you DIY'ers but...

1. I need to replace the RCA plugs that go from my turntable to my stereo.
2. I will only be replacing one end, as the other is hardwired to the turntable.
3. I went to radioshack to pick up a couple of new, and better quality plugs to solder on. I found that the plugs are sold as mono, and stereo. I am very confused by this. which one do I want? I didnt even know an RCA plug came in different configurations. All I want to do is replace the crappy red and white connectors.
4. since I didnt buy anything at radioshack, are there any other quality plugs that you can recommend?

Any and all help is appreciated. I even tried to find a thread on how to make cables, but was unsuccessful. hope to hear from lots of you.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, I am 99.9% sure all RCA plugs are mono as well. Either way, you want the mono ones...

The Eichmann Bullet plugs are highly regarded. Well worth looking into.
smily_headphones1.gif

ETI: Bullet Plug® - RCA

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 6
vote #1 for eichmann bullets in copper or silver varieties. they're actually quite good value and one of the first times i've actually noticed a quite large difference between connectors was using them. A little tricky to work with though. I would recommend putting them on the terminals (actually a dummy terminal is prefered; I picked this trick up from the packet lol) while you solder them to act as a heatsink, because they can melt a bit if you take too long to solder them on. don't know how good your soldering skills are but try and be as quick as possible.

and there are absolutely no stereo RCA there are only 2 conductors/terminals in an RCA so if you made a stereo there would be no ground
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back