RCA out or line out for portable use
Mar 19, 2006 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pegleg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi....Pardon my potential ignorance, but I have a question regarding my Headamp AE-1 (other amps also, I just happen to have the AE-1). Is there any difference SQ wise (better, worse, indifferent) between using the AE-1 RCA's > RCA to mini >iPod Turbodock > cans OR the AE-1 line in > mini to mini > iPod TD > cans? I don't have a mini to RCA to check it out myself and am quite curious. I use Headphile Black Coral IC's between my NAD cdp and the AE-1 into the headphones and love it but am curious about the difference (if any) for portable use. I have searched the forums for this answer but have been unable to find one. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. BTW, my portable source is the 5G 30gb video. Thank you for your time....Jack PS...Any additional ?'s, just give me a shout, PM or email.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 3
labrat....Thanks for replying. I have been reading so much discussion about the iPod line out, that I must have confused myself
icon10.gif
I figured the AE-1 line in and RCA would be pretty much equal in terms of SQ, because there has been no discussion (that I could find) of the differences between the two. I just wanted to be sure, thanks for clarifying that for me....Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back