RCA-Mini Cable: Monoprice cheapo ($4) vs. TURBO's ($74)
Aug 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pika122689

New Head-Fier
Anyone with experience with both. I mean obviously TURBO's will probably be high quality, but isn't monoprice known for selling cheap, yet high quality cables?

Just wondering if the difference is significant enough to warrant buying a cable $70 more expensive.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 9
Why no getting a BJC that is cheaper than the Turbo, and well built...Broadcast quality, as they call them....that is all I use here home till I found that sounds to my ears better for around that price...
wink.gif

What size are you looking for, another good manufacturer is Brainsalad cables...one of our members...

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pika122689 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just looking for home use, so something around 6 in should be fine.

6" or 6'

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 9
Randy is one of our old members, "brainsalad" is just his nick in headfi, he has donated cables in meetings, events, etc...as prizes, you can email him at:

brainsalad@brainsaladaudio.com

Use me as a reference if you want, I have purchased a few from him, very reasonably priced, and well done, his cables are second to none from the manufactuere point of view...

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 9
There is a diffeence between a MOT and a DIYer, he does the cables, but IMO, for the cost of materials and the fun of it, maybe he drop a couple of bucks for the time spend, but given his prices, I do not think that he could survive selling cables out there, at those prices, honestly...

On top, he has not been designated as a MOT yet, and there should be a reason for that...The only cables I have seen made by him in public events and shows, have been only donation as prizes in the raffles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back