RCA Interconnects
Nov 23, 2003 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Zzyzx

New Head-Fier
Hi There,
Just looking for some good Rca inteconnects, going from my mixer OUT to M-audio 2496 IN. Will be using for recording of my Vinyl mixing. Would like to keep cost under $75.00

Thanks,
Zzyzx

Nov 23, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 14
Highly recommend Belden 89259 w/ Eichmann Bullets at www.heartlandcables.com

Within your budget, and made with materials that are about as good as it gets at the price.

--Chris

Nov 26, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 14
I second hempcamp's Heartland Cable reco, specifically those Beldon's with the Eichmann Bullets.

I've used both IC's and Speaker cable from Dan for over a year, and am very pleased - don't see how you can beat them for the money.

As for comparing with Zu - can't do - I've seen and used Zu's Mobius hd-580/600/650 cable, and it is excellent, but no experience with their IC's.

My take is that the Zu quality and sound are excellent, but Heartland a better value.

Nov 27, 2003 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 14
You could buy three of these fusion cables from me for $75.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=52253

They are quite good for the money.

Innovative dual twisted-pair audio cable isolates each channel's positive and negative components to reduce hum and crosstalk, even on long cable runs. 100% shielding from cable to contacts keeps the signal in and interference out.

99.997% pure oxygen-free copper core delivers a cleaner signal path. Two 24k gold-plated, low-capacitance phono (RCA) plugs at each end. Ferrite toroidal filters remove EM/RF interference.

280smile.gif

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #8 of 14
i have the heartland belden cables as well. very good workmanship and secure plugs. kinda tough to get on but they don't come loose.

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #9 of 14
Outlaw PCA are very decent, well shielded and well made, nice locking RCA plugs (easy-on when unscrewed, turn the top part to lock). Seems they were a "cable flavor of the month" around here at one point, but nobody talks about them much anymore.

www.outlawaudio.com

Nov 27, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #10 of 14
Funny, outlaws were all the rage before, and now we hardly ever see any more recos. Look up the outlaws, ppl here went wild over them a year ago.

The DH Labs BL-1 is also a good value. Best place to have someone build it for you seems to be moon-audio.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Highly recommend Belden 89259 w/ Eichmann Bullets at www.heartlandcables.com

Within your budget, and made with materials that are about as good as it gets at the price.

--Chris

Are these cables still the best for the money?

I know it's almost 8 years since this thread was active but I couldn't find any other relevant more recent threads.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 14
One of the best bang for your buck RCA interconnects I've heard/owned under $100:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/cables/dimarzio-rca-interconnects-15ft.php

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
One of the best bang for your buck RCA interconnects I've heard/owned under $100:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/cables/dimarzio-rca-interconnects-15ft.php

What other IC's have you heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back