rca connector stuck in sub
Mar 10, 2016 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
My coaxial cable broke and the pin is now stuck in sub and will be next to impossible to get out. I could still connect the sub to my left RCA but can this affect the sound?. And is all subwoofer information sent to both channels?

Mar 13, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't think it would do anything to affect the sound. I'm guessing the pin is just flush in there surrounded by the RCA jack. A little metal isn't going to do anything. But I'd still want it out because it would annoy me. Try getting some epoxy or JB weld and dabbing a little on the end of a small metal or wood rod (maybe the end of a pen?). Push it on the broken end and let it cure (keep it taped on there so it doesn't move). Then pull it out when it's hard. Might be tricky though. But if you don't really care to much just leave it. 

As far as having two inputs and what they do I'd imagine that depends on what the sub is and how the inputs are laid out. If it's simply two of the same inputs than it won't matter at all. Try to find the manual online in a PDF and see what it says about them. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 4
It does appear to work normally. My parents is here watching movies sometimes I have run without sub for some months. She wondered if I installed some speaker behind here because the chair was rumbling. I actually forgot myself what an effect it has so put it up a bit high when messing with it.

The epoxy is the thing that might work but then residue may be hard to get out afterwards? Also since the connector is to a single sub out channel on the amplifier it can´t possibly make a difference if I attach it to "left" or "right" channel.

I think I will just leave it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back