RCA connector came out of my new Bravo Ocean
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

heckofagator

New Head-Fier
I just hooked this up today and it was the first time I attempted to pull out a cable.  I put oit back together and don't plan on pulling the cable often, but should I be concerned?

I also sent them an email.  Will see what they say.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 3
  I just hooked this up today and it was the first time I attempted to pull out a cable.  I put oit back together and don't plan on pulling the cable often, but should I be concerned?

I also sent them an email.  Will see what they say.

It will be interesting to see what the manufacturer has to say. Whatever you do until it gets resolved, I would not plug and unplug into and out of that jack. I am worried that it will just fall apart. Then the question becomes whether you are going to want to ship it all the way back across the ocean to be replaced or repaired, At least it is still under warranty (--)).

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, it's the end of the week and I haven't heard anything.  Ugh...I also sent them the pic to hopefully get their attention, but nothing.  Yeah, you're right, I'm curious to see how this is going to work out.  I'm not sure, if it costs $30 to ship it overseas, its going to be worth it.

I also had another question - is it ok to leave a tube amp on 24x7?  My setup is:

PC with Xonar DC --> Bravo Ocean --> powered monitors

so I can just listen to the speakers and then I just plug in the headphones when I want them and the speakers turn off.  But the problem is....after I get up from my desk at the end of the day, I totally forget to turn off the amp.  So it sits on my desk getting hot all of the time.  I'm wondering if a solid state amp like the schnitt would have been a little better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back