RCA audio remote control?
Nov 12, 2006 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

toastmaster

100+ Head-Fier
I figured that this would be the easiest way to see if such a product existed.
smily_headphones1.gif

I decided to set up my old 2.1 computer speakers to my DVD player so I wouldn't have to use the incredible bass machines that are the 1", 3W speakers in the TV. The only problem is that the volume control to the speakers is wired and a little inconvenient to use.

The setup goes DVD player -RCA> powered speakers.
Is there any sort of inline RCA hookup device where I could control the line-level signal? Like, DVD player -RCA> volume control with remote -RCA or 3.5mm> powered speakers?

If not, is there a really good deal on a cheap receiver anywhere? I don't need it to do component video if it means more money, but it would be a plus at the right price.

Thanks everyone!

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 3
hmmm..... it is an interesting idea, but I don't think that anything like that exsists unfortunately. It's an interesting idea though, let me know if you come up with anything. In terms of cheap receivers, a company called Sherwood makes inexpensive but working receivers. Usually stereo, buut I would imagine that they make 5.1 receivers as well. Their stereo ones can usually be found for under 150 or 100. Hope this helps, and best of luck with the remote
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted if anything turns up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back