RCA 2840 Q's
Jul 27, 2003 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bionic Gecko

Head-Fier
OK, I was pretty sure I was getting an iPod until I saw this in the CC ad today, and it seems pretty nice. But there just isnt enough info about it for me to decide yet, so I need to come here and ask Questions.

-Does it support .m3u playlists?

-How is the portability? its a couple more ounces than the 3g 30g iPod I wanted, and a bit lighter and about same dimensions as the Zen, which many think is fine for pocket use, is it?

-It is USB 2.0 and not 1.1 right?

-Sound Quality?

-IS there a Remote?

-Are special drivers needed for the PC to read the device as a drive?

-LAME support? Or VBR in general?

-On that note, what formats does it accept, VBR, CBR, mp3PRO, WAV(lol)?

-Software aside from Musicmatch?

-Any other nagging pros or cons in general?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA
cool.gif

Jul 31, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah I suppose I could do that, but it would be a big hassle. But I think I've pretty much given up on this player, I've been reading about the Rio Pearl and Im getting really excited for that, Im gonna wait till it comes out and read up on user opinions, and then I'll either go with the Pearl or an iPod.

Aug 1, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
You may want to also look into the Toshiba G20SS, which'll come out mid-August (probably before the Rio Karma, but who knows) and is even slimmer than the new iPod, which is pretty slim already.

I'm curious onto if Toshiba is going to do a good job in a HDD player this time (since they failed the first few times).

Nov 13, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 6
I have been using this player for about a week now with a set of grado sr-325 and and a grado r-1 amp.
I think in sounds phenomenal. I have not had any problems with it at all.
I had a Rio Riot that went **** up on me after only a couple of hundred hours use that I bought at future shop in Vancouver in June of this year for $300.00 Canadian +$45.00 for the extended warranty which I'm really lucky I bought.
Since they don't make the rio riot anymore they could not replace it and the closest player was the lyra. So they did a straight trade for the lyra 2840 player and I came out big time ahead .I think that I would prefer the Zen Extra but I have no complaints about the Lyra so far at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back