RC-Fi
Apr 26, 2009 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

basman

500+ Head-Fier
OkI, I'll start it who's into model aviation?

Currently flying with my Trex fleet 250 and 450 with my newly acquired transmitter:

IMG_6480.jpg

Will post my planks and heli pics shortly!

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 12
How do you like the Trex 250? I have been thinking about picking one up but I am still on the fence about it.

I currently have a Trex 450SE and an E-Flight Blade mCX both on a Spektrum DX7 as far as air goes, and on the ground I have a Associated RC18T, RC10T2, RC10GT, Losi XXT, and an Axial AX10. I only use the Axial and the Associated RC18 and they are controlled by a Futaba 4PK.

I will get some pics later tonight or tomorrow of everything.

May 6, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #4 of 12
Align rocks. Used to have a 450SE2 but i been out of the scene for over a year.
the new Pro with the torque tube looks killer.

doing autos with a cheap 600 was so much fun

i dont think im coming back though. found a new hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuckymucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the Trex 250? I have been thinking about picking one up but I am still on the fence about it.

I currently have a Trex 450SE and an E-Flight Blade mCX both on a Spektrum DX7 as far as air goes, and on the ground I have a Associated RC18T, RC10T2, RC10GT, Losi XXT, and an Axial AX10. I only use the Axial and the Associated RC18 and they are controlled by a Futaba 4PK.

I will get some pics later tonight or tomorrow of everything.

I like the heli it's freakin fast, it will serve as my winter heli in the garage and basement. Here's the pics:

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 12
Jun 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 12
Over the Memorial Day weekend, I saw a RC jet powered plane in Los Angeles-Balboa Park! I didn't know they even made jet turbines for the RC enthusiast. I will tell you that this jet was flying circles around the regular prop planes. Very impressive. I used to have a Team Associated RC10 buggy which was super fun but I was always jealous of the gas powered engines which soon became popular soon afterwards. I do like the flat track electric RC cars as they are very quiet and acceleration is very very fast.
YouTube - Huge RC jet, REAL TURBINE ENGINES!

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 12
My dad and I flew RC when I was a kid. Then he bought a real airplane. Needless to say, I've spent a lot more time behind the yoke of the Piper than the joysticks of my Futaba.

A few years ago I built a Great Planes 1/5 scale Piper Cub. It just hangs in my old room (now the library) at my parents' house in Florida. One of these days I'll have the time and courage to fly it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 12
Since I've been out of the R/C scene for (dang) close to 20 years now, what are everyone's thoughts on these inexpensive electric helis I see all over the internet? There are a fair amount of school yards near my house that might be conducive to heli flight..

Curse you, head-fi!

Jun 9, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the Memorial Day weekend, I saw a RC jet powered plane in Los Angeles-Balboa Park! I didn't know they even made jet turbines for the RC enthusiast. I will tell you that this jet was flying circles around the regular prop planes.

Yeah, I've been there several times looking at the planes and choppers. Theyve got some really impressive jets and a runway! They used to have an off-road RC car track, too.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #11 of 12
Speaking of remote-controlled airplanes, you have GOT to see this video:

YouTube - Model Plane vs Magpie

The owner of the RC plane posted he wants to take on a more challenging bird. I'm not sure if that's a good idea given that real birds of prey like hawks and falcons can dive at 80+ mph real-time speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back