RBH HP-2 Ultralight Beryllium Headphones -- The Real Deal
Aug 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #17 of 23
Anyone knows why these were discontinued? Is that because of the many reported manufacturing defects?
probably! theres alot of bad headphone durability out there!

these have a new name now

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 23
my set is still working fine been almost a year roughly. as far as i can see they dont offer any over ear sets anymore. not sure why they disco'ed these but they are a great sounding set for what they were selling them for. i did have to send back my first set though but it was for cosmetic reasons one of the pads had a slice in it like a razor cut or something not sure but they sent me a brand new set out asap. i got them on sale for 130$ and for that price they really were pretty darn good.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #19 of 23
In case other members are interested, here is the official statement from RBH customer service manager:

"They were discontinued because we were redesigning our headphone line and incorporating the latest technologies in the redesign. The redesign has taken a backseat to other priorities and this is now where we find ourselves, out of the older product and no new products to take the place. We still plan on moving forward with headphones in the future." - John Fenn, RBH Sound

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #20 of 23
Badguygood reviews on YouTube has discovered the identical renamed Chinese version of these.
Urbanfun Trandsound ONE HiFi Headphone 45mm Beryllium Diaphragm Earphones; he says that they are identical and that the website says they bought the plans and technology from RBH.

I ordered a pair in mid October for 188.99 Usd from Ali Express; Not here yet.

Cheers,

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 23
The video is at :

So they sound solid with rock music? It's always so hard to tell from Zeos sound demos, but they sounded kinda dark and dry to me. Definitely picked up on the nuances well, and instrument separation seemed good enough. I didn't get any sense of aggression from them, so I'm not sure about rock music. Seemed to go more for decay and echo like properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back