Razer VS Beats by DR.DRE
Sep 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #31 of 55
I would just like to say two things:

If you consider the 595, get the 555 and do the 595 mod on it, as they are the same thing. The 555 has a foam pad that can be removed to make it a 595.

Also, perhaps you are letting a bit of senn blind brand loyalty cloud your vision? Nothing wrong with being a fan of a brand, but saying that if you get good headphones, you want them to be senns is a bit illogical given that you have seemingly never heard the higher senns or the other phone in question. Senns are good, but by no means are they the end all be all of headphones. Just keep that in mind.

-Nkk

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #32 of 55
Hd650/600 outside is not a good idea, they are fully opene phones.
Honestly you'll be much better off with lower price phones since most of the decent amps that are know to do good with the 600/650 are 200$+

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by marius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Richsad, but the impedance and frequency are low, it is rather in the Razer league

What? Higher impedance does not equal better and neither does the frequency response. I'm 99% sure that the Q40 walk circles around the Razer and laugh will doing it.

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #34 of 55
For you, I'd just get an AKG K81 DJ and be done with it. Save some money. Those get you in the door, and any improvement over those will be relatively small, particularly with no amp.

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #35 of 55
@nkk, i just like the way they think, make the cords detachable , thinking about the details , thats what is important

Of course There are better headphones, but i dont want to experiment

MR C,200$ is really too much if i pay 400$ for the headphones alone
How bad are the 600/650s without an amp?

Maybe later when im more audiophile ill buy one
biggrin.gif

Richsad, i was talking about the beats, razer<q40<beats

steaxauce,

thanks for the help

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #37 of 55
You should really consider the lower price suggestions that were made heaphones like the hd25, ad700, ak k18 dj, q40... would really suit you better since you dont feel like investing in an amp.
I know how you feel, I'm trying to buy a hd580 atm, I know it wont sound right with my setup, but I'm also saving for a dac and amp.
The top notch senn headphones sound great but they are very hard to drive.

ps the amp you posted is probably as good as the hannah montana amp http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/h...lifier-444606/

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by marius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does the 600 make any sense at all without an amp?
If really not what quality headphones are there around 200$ ?

I may be a bit biased as I just got some and currently really enjoying them, but have you checked out the Senn HD25-1 II´s? They sound amazing (read reviews) and will last "forever" as they are built to last plus you can also replace any part of them if needed instead of buying a new pair every so often. Also, if you´re into gaming, they are very light and comfortable. Not too expensive either.

Just a suggestion.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #41 of 55
Q40...

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #42 of 55
DON'T bother with the HD 600/650's without an amp. I've tried using them with my iPhone and MacBook Pro and without an amp, they're simply mediocre. You NEED some type of an amp, even if it isn't very powerful. Something like a Bithead would be perfect and portable, too.

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaquib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DON'T bother with the HD 600/650's without an amp. I've tried using them with my iPhone and MacBook Pro and without an amp, they're simply mediocre. You NEED some type of an amp, even if it isn't very powerful. Something like a Bithead would be perfect and portable, too.

A portable amp isn't going to cut it. marius my advice to you would be to buy a desktop amp and spend your remaining funds on a headphone until you can afford to upgrade, something like RX700 should suffice.

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #44 of 55
I'm new and know very little but one thing I do know.

I would never reccomend any audio equipment by Razer.

I went without using headphones until yesterday when I piked up my Grado SR60's which i just exchanged for SR80's.

I listened to the beat at best buy and i thought they were over priced junk. Little bass boost buttons on the side, cheap plastic and feel. I also though the sound was bass heavy and muddy. They were not crisp, clear and left a lot to be desired.

But it is also apparent that I prefer the Grado sound, i've never heard a headphone that produced the sound of Grado's but then again I'm no expert either. I just happen to believe that the Grado's reproduce music better then anything I've owned or tried.

I have heard the sens are great cans though - I just had no ability to try before I buy which is why i personally chose Grado's. Low impedance also meant they are easily driven with no need for a separate amp which I also liked.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #45 of 55
So
PC350 which is are gaming headphones, and they look like gaming, dont really like this
And HD-25-1 II not around ear headphones so also dont really fit

Now im looking at grado, many recommended it, but i can find only over-ear, no around ear

Thanks everybody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back