Razer Kraken Pro review
Feb 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Stoogie

New Head-Fier
i havent listened to many headphones, 3-5 in ear,razer megalodon,roccat kave, technics rpdh1200, athm50, skullcandy's, some other ones i cant remember. but anyway since i havent seen a review on the razer kraken heres 1 for you:

i baught these to test after burning in, ive used them a fair bit, ill start with the cons, the highs are laybacked and ok, the mids are lacking, the bass is overpowering and delayed too much, it has a vibration problem with lows which may interfere with the other frequencies, it has a low mid humm problem, mainly due to the vacuum(enclosed air space) space between then driver and your ears when you wear them, < this is very terrible imo, creates a weird humm and makes it sound like ur listening to music with a bike helmet on or underwater, so yes the bass isnt tight its loose and not entirely accurate, music reproduction only works for some genres, and then again its for the songs that dont utilize the frequency range of the annoying humm (low mids),

i am comparing these to audio technica ath-m50's since they are flat, accurate and the best mid ranged dj monitor headphones that u can buy on the market between 100-200 dollar price. also if ur ear are 2.5cm or higher they will barely touch the inside plastic of the cup which does hurt after about 30 mins, sound quality: 6/10, build quality 7/10(cheap cable though), comfort would be a 8 still not as comfy as audio technica ath-m50 when u stretch them out a bit ive had mine for over 3 years with the same pads and i can play 15 hours straight without any issues. the mic is ok, good enough 6/10.

Would i recommend to buy? tbh no i wouldnt recommend it due to its issues...

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 11
It's so sad, because Razer has the resources to take gaming sound to the next level : / Have you tried the newest version of this headet, the Kraken 7.1? It looks better, at least :p

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Love these headphones. Good sound quality. The mids and highs are great, and crystal clear. What blows you away is the lows. Skull shaking pounding vibrating bass. Only get these if you are a basshead. If not, look the other way. The one with a mic is $80 now, and without $60.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 11
got these for a good price off ebay and sold them the next day. Very muted sounding, no crispness or clarity. Also the surround effect is minimal at best in games. look elsewhere, headfiers...

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 11
honestly all their previous headsets are such garbage that I don't even feel like trying anything else from them
If there's any resemblance with anything else they've made then I don't want to even test them.

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 11
honestly all their previous headsets are such garbage that I don't even feel like trying anything else from them
If there's any resemblance with anything else they've made then I don't want to even test them.

The Kraken won't please any audiophiles. These are chronic basshead cans. They are currently number 10 on the basshead list and the 40mm champions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2220

I do believe these are multi genre headphones though. I listen to a anything from hip hop to to electronic to rock to country to classical and these make them all sound good if you like bass

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #10 of 11

The Kraken won't please any audiophiles. These are chronic basshead cans. They are currently number 10 on the basshead list and the 40mm champions. http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2220

I figured as much given their track records. The sad thing is they seem to be trying to target audiophiles more now.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 11
If you have the Razer Kraken, I recommend my Release the Kraken and Clarity Viper profile. Both fix the recessed mids
http://www.head-fi.org/t/771843/nwa-viper-presets-bass-acoustics-vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back