Razer Kraken Forged Edition - Razer's tiny step into hi-fi territory?
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

StigtriX

New Head-Fier

TECH SPECS
Headphones
  1. Drivers: 40 mm Neodymium Magnets
  2. Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
  3. Impedance: 32 Ω at 1kHz
  4. Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 100 dB ± 3 dB
  5. Input Power: 30 mW
  6. Approximate Weight: 390 g
Microphone
  1. Frequency Response: 50 – 10,000 Hz
  2. Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60 dB
  3. Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -38 dB ± 3 dB
  4. Pick-up Pattern: Omni-directional

System Requirements
  1. Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5mm audio jack
  2. Devices with combined 3.5mm audio + mic combined jack (works with all portable audio/mobile/computing devices including the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android phones, Razer Blade, Macbook Pro, or today’s newer Ultrabooks.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-forged-edition/?src=pgm.94711800&utm_source=RazerStore&utm_campaign=KrakenForge&utm_medium=edm_EU

I would love to hear from anyone with an ears-on experience or who own a pair. If Razer has entered the hi-fi, even if it is only the lower spectre, it may get more people interested in hi-fi products in general. It looks good and has nice enough specs, but that does not mean it sounds good. I was positively surprised by the Razer Kraken 7.1, so who knows...

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 11
The Bad thing about Razer besides SQ is the terrible build quality. I hope they improved this aspect on a $300 headphone

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 11
some one should do a comparison between the Kraken and the V-moda M100s since they seem to be comparable in price and sound signature. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 11
Dunno if its worth 300$ but a video review/ unboxing was made for the Kraken Forged and it was featured on Min liang tan's FB/twitter pages!!! You should check because probably you'll want to buy it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back