Razer Blade Pro Audio THX Certified Specs?
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Neilsoto30

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know the specs to the newer 2017 model? I have it, and I know the sound card is thx certified. But how does that compare to daps? I have a Fiio x7 mk 2. But the Blade sounds better, more punchy. So I'm wondering what dap would sound like the blade pro and if anyone by any chance knows the specs so I can then match to other daps. I can't find them anywhere online. Thanks.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 4
I would also like to say that the x7 mk 2 has a am3a module and I'm using it with a balanced ares ii+ cable. The blade still is a little punchier and is more sensitive to volume increases. This result is when I use my EE XR Adel Universals. Thanks.

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 4
THX certification is totally meaningless on a laptop.
This kind of certification has a number of levels depending on the final output frequency range, volume and quality given to loudspeaker systems, primarily those designed for "cinema" quality sound.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX
... and more recently applied to LED displays, although some of the best and most expensive monitors in the world never use a 'THX' certificate to sell their product, since it's a gimmick.

It's largely meaningless for most consumer situations and used primarily as a marketing point like "HD Audio".

The reason you find that the FiiO is 'less punchy' than the Razer, is most likely due to post-processing audio software bundled with the laptop that boosts treble and bass frequencies.
Often this software bloats the bass to insane levels far from anything resembling a high-fidelity experience.
But if you're accustomed to this kind of sound, something truer to real life (like the FiiO) may sound boring, stale and unexciting, despite actually being objectively better.

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, this particular laptop is not THX certified on its speakers; its certified only on the headphone jack. But I get you, its marketing bs. lol It's funny because I have all the software in the back turned off, but it could still be that there's something affecting the sound anyway. I have the effects on the Fiio to--the Viper effects--but do not use them. Thanks for responding. I just thought that perhaps the sound card was more powerful, especially since its power source is bigger and stronger than the Fiio's. Thanks a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back