Razer Barracuda AC-1 Problems (A bunch of em)
Jun 29, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GCTonyHawk7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So why can't high end cards like the Asus D2 and the Azentek Prelude do this? I don't get what is so complicated about outputting to speakers and headphones at the same time.
cool.gif

Powered computer speakers and headphones represent two different loads because headphones need to be driven. However, you could easily split the output to powered computer speakers and a separate headphone amplifier.

lordmozilla, the entire Audigy series resamples to 48 kHz, which is bad for audio.

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #17 of 21
Creative & Razer...the Irony.

Creative makes awesome soundcards but pathetic mouse

Razer makes awesome mouse (deathadder) but pathetic sound equipment.

hence both cant compete with each other.

U gotta try out auzentech prelude...its one of the best as all are saying above.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Powered computer speakers and headphones represent two different loads because headphones need to be driven. However, you could easily split the output to powered computer speakers and a separate headphone amplifier.

lordmozilla, the entire Audigy series resamples to 48 kHz, which is bad for audio.

So, you're saying that those cards can do that? I don't think I really want to user a cheapo slitter. Another issue here, being that my speakers are 5.1 and my headphones are stereo.

Although, I was thinking about the front-panel audio. That is usually labled as a "headphone" jack and in theory would work fine with the rear outputs synonymously. I'm not positive of this though.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 21
Im pretty sure on most sound cards once you plug in the headphone jack it mutes the speakers. Somebody correct me if Im wrong.

Jun 29, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 21
^^yup thats what happens for me...but i am trying to bypass that because i want two different channels.

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GCTonyHawk7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, you're saying that those cards can do that? I don't think I really want to user a cheapo slitter. Another issue here, being that my speakers are 5.1 and my headphones are stereo.

Have someone build you a decent splitter using good parts, or DIY. Multi-channel versus stereo doesn't matter because you'll only be splitting the front L/R output. The other channels will plug into your speakers as normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back