Razer Adaros
Jan 11, 2014 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

schnitz

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Long time looker, first time poster

Keen to hear any thoughts on the new Razer Adaro range of headphones. Especially from anyone who has managed to hear a pair (maybe at CES?)

The specs look ok.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-headphones-stereo-dj-style-adaro,25696.html

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 18
So no-one on this community has an opinion? Rare indeed!! Maybe if I mention beats I'll get the thread going!!!! :wink:

OMG Beats!  Beats!  Yeah, Beats always get things rolling.  Bleh...  I mean, oh yeah, Beats are the bomb...  Wait no I don't...  Beats!!! 

The reason this hasn't caught any traction yes is because they don't seem to have the "audiophile" signature.  Looking at the brand, it screams bassy.  Obviously I could be wrong.  100 bucks is a cheap investment for their midrange over-ear (it seems) offering.  The DJ model, the flagship, looks a little cheap and big :p  I actually like the design of the 100 dollar model.  And this is the full-sized section of the forums, so we wouldn't care about the IEMs...  And yeah, I'm going to keep rambling on now...  Beats!  Woo! 

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 18
See, I knew beats would get someone wound up enough to reply!! I was really just interested to see what everyone thought as Razer are a traditionally gaming orientated company and it's interesting to see them enter into the audio sector.

If anybody does get hold of a pair of either of the full size cans it let us all know your verdict

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 18
See, I knew beats would get someone wound up enough to reply!! I was really just interested to see what everyone thought as Razer are a traditionally gaming orientated company and it's interesting to see them enter into the audio sector.

If anybody does get hold of a pair of either of the full size cans it let us all know your verdict

There are actually 3 total full-sized cans it seems (assuming the BT and Stereos are full-sized).  If you read above, it seems someone has had their hands on a pair of Razer headphones (gaming headphones) and I would assume a bassy signature as they are a gaming company as you stated and boosted bass multiplies the effects a lot of games produce.  Companies rarely ever change the way they do sound.  Additionally, knowing that the flagship model is targetted towards DJs doesn't help any either (typically bassy).  If I ever get my hands on any of these, I'll keep you in the loop though.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #9 of 18
Hm, I was expecting something flashier from Razer.
Other than the branding these all look so plain. Also let's hope these are rebrands, because Razer's previous efforts have all been meh. I heard their blackshark and it was pretty bad for the price.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 18
These are some nice looking headphones, but looking at the Tom's Hardware post
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-headphones-stereo-dj-style-adaro,25696.html
they say that Razer promises "CD-quality audio streaming over Bluetooth" on their wireless phones. And while that doesn't speak about anything to the other three offerings in the range, being straight lied to leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I like Razer. I'm using my Naga and Vespula right now. But you can't squeeze 1411 kbps through 115200 baud. 

But I guess it would be overly optimistic to think Razer would be above the audiophoolery.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 18
Got my hands on a pair of adaro for about 10 minutes today. I would say it is dark, boomy, not too much, but definitely a little. Lacking treble, and also clarity.
Comfort wise, it is pretty comfortable, have cushions like the new beats studio
but well it is $100, i would say it is on par with most other $100 headphones you find in bestbuy, considering it is their first attempt, i would say it is decent

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #12 of 18
  These are some nice looking headphones, but looking at the Tom's Hardware post
they say that Razer promises "CD-quality audio streaming over Bluetooth" on their wireless phones. And while that doesn't speak about anything to the other three offerings in the range, being straight lied to leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I like Razer. I'm using my Naga and Vespula right now. But you can't squeeze 1411 kbps through 115200 baud. 

But I guess it would be overly optimistic to think Razer would be above the audiophoolery.

The specification page outlines the fact that they use Bluetooth 4.0 with the aptX codec, which compresses 16-bit "CD-quality" audio at a 4:1 ratio, resulting in ~350kbps.

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #13 of 18
And 350 kbps isn't bad. Its certainly high quality. High enough as makes no difference for most people. And apparently with some fancy DSP, this 4:1 compression is lossless or nearly lossless in most cases. Which is even better. But you've got to have a source that supports this codec and level of bandwidth over Bluetooth. Otherwise it falls back on the more typical, lossy standard for Bluetooth transmission. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #14 of 18
There aren't many video reviews for the Adaros out there I mean even linus has only the in-ear ones but I want to look at more reviews for various opinions etc. I'm interested in the in-ear ones but the Stereos are not that into my style and they're way more expensive. Anyway below is one good review for the Adaro Stereos:

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #15 of 18
There's not much interest I think for the Adaro series and that's reflected in Youtube. Only 2-3 serious video reviews from good tech channels that you can somehow rely on their opinion. Below is the Adaro In-ears video review  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back