Raymondlin (and duncan if your wallets recovered!)
Sep 22, 2001 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Dont know if you guys have seen the new awards issue of What Hifi, but in the Richer Sounds ad the HD 600's are now get this

£99.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raymondlin How are your 600's? did you notice a big difference between the 580's and the 600's. How are they with the usual limited productions (Thats my main worry to be honest!)

To say I am now REALLY tempted is an understatement.

To make it worse its pay day next week...........

Sep 22, 2001 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the tip there David...

Although it has to be said that between the cost of my mobile phone, and spending loads of money on my computer just lately... my bank account has 67 pence in it, and i have £35 in my wallet, somehow i think that that falls a little short
tongue.gif

Always next month..........
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2001 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

and spending loads of money on my computer just lately...

SLIGHTLY OT......

Go on then spill the beans Duncan. What exactly did you get for your computer then? I recently bought my self some 256 memory so I now have a nice PIII 733 512 ram and 25 gig hd (aint going to fill that in a hurry!)only thing letting it down is a poxy 15" monitor, but at least its a nice poxy 15" monitor.........

Sep 22, 2001 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 7
ok... If this doesn't steer back in the right direction, I'll have to move this to the general discussion area... but...

My computer is now :

AMD Athlon 900
Jetway Motherboard
30GB Hard drive (all new - getting the hard drive on Thursday)
192mb PC100 SDRam
64mb graphics (not so good - SiS730 - gonna upgrade it to a Hercules Graphics Card in November...)
Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17" monitor
SBLive! (Original, with Daughterboard)
Creative Labs 6x DVD (and redundant DXR3 decoder board)
Philips 40x CD-Rom
PowerDVD3.0 (VERY good... still gotta do a review at some stage)
Windows ME (upgrading that on October 26th to Windows XP
wink.gif
)

Bit of a mouthful, and there is plenty more software than that (most expensive purchase is Visual Basic Enterprise Edition... still don't have a clue how to use it!!)...

Back on track - The Richer Sounds deal - How long is it running for? any idea?

Sep 22, 2001 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

Back on track - The Richer Sounds deal - How long is it running for? any idea?

At least until next month!

I am going to sleep on it over sunday and monday. If I still WANT them on monday after getting home then thats when I'll buy them. Mail order lines are shut now any way.....

Sep 22, 2001 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 7
Actually, the HD600 is sitting back in the box and under the bed. Why? Well, I don't use my headphones that much to be honest and I bought it because it was a good deal (but should have waited, could have save £20). Anyway, the difference is sutle, the treble has more definition, it's looks a lot cooler and that's about it. For the usual main stream production, i.e. Madonna, I don't think you can tell the difference straight away. But at that price, how can you resist? my dealer are selling them for £250! (which means even if Richer Sounds are breaking even, my dealer makes £150 for every pair they sell!)

And if you aren't certain, doesn't Richer sounds do a 14 days money back guarentee? Make full use of that.

Money wise, I have just bought VDH The First Ultimate (can't wait to hear them!) so I am skint, still in debt from University. A year of work and I am still in the red. This is what a expensive hobbie will do to you, and I almost bought a Musical Fidelity X-A200R amp today just because it is on sale.

Computer wise, I am not going to upgrade for at least a year. Got 512MB RAM already, enough to run almost anything. and the PIII 450 is good enough for most programs, it's getting on a bit and new games are out of the questions but I don't play games that much anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back