Ray Samuels Tube Amp
Apr 20, 2004 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shard

Head-Fier
Sometime back, someone posted some pics of a prototype Ray Samuels tube amp. (I miss the search function, can we please have it back?)

I was wondering if that prototype tube amp became the Stealth or is the Stealth something else entirely and there is still a tube amp in the works from Ray Samuels?

Apr 20, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 9
Somone will post a link I'm sure. Yes, it became the "Stealth" Tube headphone amp/preamp.

Apr 20, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 9
It became the Stealth, unless Ray's been hiding something from me. The first time I heard of the Stealth was when he brought it out around November for the Chicago Head-fi meet. When I saw it there it was still in it's "prototype" phase.

EDIT: Ahh Sean beat me to it, I faded out and forgot to hit submit for a while there.

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 9
IT could be the Stealth, but what has Ray got up his sleeve with the new SR-71? Solid state, or another tube amp? Hopefully he'll be done in time to bring one to the SoCal meet in June.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
IT could be the Stealth, but what has Ray got up his sleeve with the new SR-71? Solid state, or another tube amp? Hopefully he'll be done in time to bring one to the SoCal meet in June.

How do you know about this?????? I smell a spy.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
How do you know about this?????? I smell a spy.

Ray hinself announce he would be bringing an SR-71 to the SoCal meet in June. He didnt' say what it was, just that he was going to bring one. Check out the thread in the meetings section. He publicly announce his new amp there for all to see. I know nothing else about it short of what he wrote there. I have no insider info, nor has Ray said wor one to me about it outside that thread. Although I would love to get one and write about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back