Ray Samuels Audio Wishlist
Jul 12, 2004 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I would like to see a stripped down version of the Stealth. Headphone amp only. Just a thought.
cool.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
I would like to see a stripped down version of the Stealth. Headphone amp only. Just a thought.
cool.gif

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is the difference between the Stealth and the HR-2?

Jul 12, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is the difference between the Stealth and the HR-2?

The Stealth is full-blown tube premap and headphone amp. The HR-2 is a a solid state headphone amp.

Jul 12, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 31
I would like to see a single box version of the HR-2.

Maybe even upgraded...

And the single box should have the same width as a normal component. It just looks better in a rack with normal components.

Jul 12, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 31
Ray's gonna get a kick out of this. I can tell you one thing that will never happen: he will never,ever do a single box anything. He's a power supply nutcase and isolated power supplies are gospel to him.

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 31
1. "bat lo" indicator on XP-7 and SR-71. ("I wonder if the batteries are dying or was that just mic clipping in the recording" - you know
wink.gif
).

2. XP-7 charging batteries when "docked" with the PSU.

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 31
Ok, ok, forget about the single box version...
tongue.gif

but still, what about a headphone amp, the size of a normal component?

I mean, the Corda HA-1 (despite being a nice pice of equipment) really looks a bit silly in a rack between an Arcam CD-23 T and a Gryphon Callisto.

Maybe a Gilmore V2 SE in the enclosure of a KGSS...

But that's all I can think of in this size.

And I'm gettinig a bit off topic here... Oh well...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #12 of 31
Ok I know this is head-fi but...

I want and told Ray would love it if he made some power amps to match with the Stealth, preferably tube based.

Personally I would love to see a 300B Single Ended amp. But would take a push-pull just as well, if that is what motivated Ray. Guessing PP would win since would satisfy larger audience, with lower efficiency speakers.

While there are other brands to choose, my experience with the Stealth feel Ray's build quality/performance is among the highest at a good price, even the current $2.5K price tag is good compared to much of the competition.

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote: I want and told Ray would love it if he made some power amps to match with the Stealth, preferably tube based.
Personally I would love to see a 300B Single Ended amp. But would take a push-pull just as well, if that is what motivated Ray. Guessing PP would win since would satisfy larger audience, with lower efficiency speakers.
While there are other brands to choose, my experience with the Stealth feel Ray's build quality/performance is among the highest at a good price, even the current $2.5K price tag is good compared to much of the competition.[/QUOTE]

No question about Ray's build quality and performance. I would also love to see him build a tube based power amp.
And Ray, if you happen to see this from another internet cafe in Poland, I hope you are truly enjoying your trip. You've earned it.

JC

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #15 of 31
i second the international power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back