Ray Samuels appreciation thread
May 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

amir_j

100+ Head-Fier
Was going to post in the preadator appreciation thread, but from what I have read the rsa amps share a similar bassy dark signature so made more sense to post this :)

Bought a RSA predator many years ago, been sat in a cupboard most of the time and was in the classifieds here a few years ago (thankfully had little interest) as added little to the sr225i I had at the time and I ended up dismissing as a waste of cash.

But just bought a range of headphones (sold the Grados on here a while ago) along with an e11 (as the 7g ipod classic sounds very poor stock imo) and discovered how brilliant it is (the amp with lod, not tried the dac). The battery is stil fine and going strong.

Got the e11 for its bass boost, but compared to the predator sounds fake and poor, the bass boos sounds muffled on 2 on the e11 and on 1 is much bettered by the predators bass.

So thanks Ray Samuels- only improvement would be if your (and also other competitors) prices were cheaper!!

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 2
Is there any evidence that current RSA stuff is indeed dark or rolled off on top?  I'm thinking of the 71B or Intruder. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back