Rattling in my MDR-v700s..... second pair this has happened in
Mar 8, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 37
What a steaming pile of ****.

Jk Jk
tongue.gif
Thanks for all the opinions and advices.... I'm pretty damned new to headphones and stuff, so I dont know much about what I'm doing, heh heh. J/w, to double check, V6 and 7506 arent the same thing, right? Which one should I look for if I do go get my money back....

Back in 2 hours in computer class

Mar 8, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by blackthorne
J/w, to double check, V6 and 7506 arent the same thing, right? Which one should I look for if I do go get my money back....

The "old" V6 and the 7506 are basically the same thing, with some minor differences in between the two that scarcely affect the sound. However, do NOT confuse the V6 with the newer V600! The V600 is, if anything, even worse than the V700!

By the way, if you're happy with your V700s, keep them. However, I'd blame that rattling on that cheap, underpowered headphone-out on your portable MD unit. That output was never meant to be cranked up all the way and be bass-boosted to the max both at the same time. So, either you may crank up the volume but don't use the bass boost, or you may use bass boost but don't crank up the volume more than halfway up.

Mar 8, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by blackthorne
they have so much bass with my MD on max bass settings, its like...

Put it flat and connect it to a reciever. Jack-in using the receiver headphone jack.

You could have damaged the headphones just with the bass boost because the amp was clipping.

Mar 8, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by commando
I found the bass on the v700 so strong that I never wanted or needed bass boost. Using bass boost with those puts you clearly into bass-head realms.

yes an abundance of ugly and quite unbalanced bass.

The V6/7506 are very close to each other if not the same. Some argue that the V6 is a little bit brighter than the 7506. The kick ass bass is still the same between the two. The 7506 has a gold plug while the V6 does not. Other than that they are both 40mm drivers compared to the V700 which is 50, It does not mean that the V6/7506 is not loud. They can be ear deafening loud. All the old skoolers used the V6 for Djing.

Mar 8, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 37
congrats on your purchase of the v700. they are a major POS! if you have rattling noise, it may be your source or it may just be that you have the infamous "grattle." you might have hair inside the drivers so just take off the pads and blow in the drivers to remove that rattling noise (search the forums). if you can't fix them, i will buy them off you can put ksc-50 drivers in them
biggrin.gif
. also, the V6's have the "Digital" logo while the 7056 have the "Proessional" logo on the side of the cans.

Mar 8, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #23 of 37
You can put different drives in them?

I'm so lost, such a headphone nub
tongue.gif

Ummm yeah.... It's weird, the rattle happens sometimes and smoetimes not, so I don't think it's a blown driver or something wrong with it, or it would be constant. It's also not on all my bass songs, like my bass test songs with the eardrum blowing bass has nothing, but songs like in da club and alot of Eminem songs with a constant "boom boom boom boom boom boom boom" beat seem to have it.... well I'll phone best buy later and see.

Can someone explain the whole clipping bit to me? I'm not too understanding about it..

Annnd 1 more thing. How do the V6's handle the low, LOW ends of bass... I have this one song... Insanely low bass but it's quite weak on the 700's compared to the mid/high types of bass which can get so intense it actually hurts my ears. Umm if you want an example of what I'm talking about, the intro of "The Way You Move" by outkast has these 3 bass beats that go "do doooooo dooooooo DOOOOOOO", the last one is the lowest and weakest of all 3.

Just want to thank everyone for all the help you've given me

Oh and FYI, I'm really into house music/techno, with some rap on the side, so I like the constant boomy sound of bass.... I like it to be very loud and noticeable, and that's the way it is with the 700's... IMO at least. Will the V6's supply the constant, really big boomy sound I love?

Mar 8, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #24 of 37
the bass on the V6 hits so low and so hard u will not believe it. of course, your source has to be good in the first place.

Mar 9, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #26 of 37
I doubt it. The V700 hits hard(ish) and reasonably low with even power-limited portables. The 7506/V6 needs a certain amount of power (more than a European-limited portable can deliver) before it becomes non-scratchy / strident and non bass-light.

Mar 9, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Annnd 1 more thing. How do the V6's handle the low, LOW ends of bass... I have this one song

V700's bass's nowhere near low, they're just LOUD

when i first got my V6, i was like "whoa...there goes my eardrums"

[edit]

damn...posting after bangraman made myself look like a dumbass,
with sony's minidisc recorders with "bass boost", they push out decent amount of bass. when i used to have my MD recorders, i felt V700 sounds horrible, too much "BOOM" type of bass.
V6 sounds really nice when plugged directly into sony's headphone out. lots of low end bass and they are very easy to drive.

i still recommand V6 over V700, actually V6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> V700

*i hated them*
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #28 of 37
Do you plug them directly into your PC?

I`ve lost 6 or 7 headphones like that, don`t do that, often 1 side goes out for me...

Mar 9, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #29 of 37
I plugged my v700s into my work PC for years and had no problems. I didn't even realise at the time that you could do better than PC sound, or that the v700s are so crap.

Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
(more than a European-limited portable can deliver)

What's the difference between "European limited" and other types?

Mar 9, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #30 of 37
I plug them into a plantronics switch that I have. It lets me press a button, switching between my speakers and phones/headset... quite a useful thing

*edit*

Well, today I'm going to go bitch at the store to try get my money back, and then go to buy the 7506's (no V6's anywhere in my city, but I read the 7506>V6 anyway, so whatever)... saving $20
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back