RATE my setup!
Feb 17, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 19
instead of going on the 1-10 scale i'll vote the hidden option

"better than mine"

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 19
This is kind of stupid.

More like showing off and comparing to others. The headphone setup should make YOU happy, not others.

I refuse to vote
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
This is kind of stupid.

More like showing off and comparing to others. The headphone setup should make YOU happy, not others.

I refuse to vote
wink.gif

Ditto. If you give it a 10 then it doesn't matter what others think, as long as you are happy.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 19
Sorry man, gotta agree, this whole scale thing seems like a comparative issue with others, and seems very macho-istic too me (sorry, that's not really a word). Dude, if it plays the music and your happy, give yourself a 10 and damn anyone else who tells you otherwise.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 19
All the guys who voted for "1" suck!!
tongue.gif
LOL

Besides - I dont see anything "vain" about this poll. He just wants to evaluate what others think of this particular setup and how they rate it. Why the fuss?
confused.gif

Just vote what you think...I dont know how he plans to use this information but I think you guys are being overly "Holier than thou" and petty...

Get over it
mad.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 19
To rate I think you would have to compare. And to compare, would this include "the best"? Sennheiser Orpheus etc. Then it would be pretty low. But "value for money" and so on, then a little higher I guess.
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 19
I'm sorry!
confused.gif

I don't think what I've got is "superior", especially with people posting up there 7 thousand dollar picture of some of their stuff, what I have is like spare closet gear.

All I have ever listened to. I've gone from audigy2, 497 unamped to 580 to cmoy to what I have now. At each step I've been thrilled at the differences - I thought this is what head-fi was about?

Except for one lucky chance a couple moments with some 225's, 501s and a really expensive tube amp (I don't remember what it was) I've never had a chance to listen to any grado's, any akg, no beyer, no ety, no stax, no gilmore lite, no xp7, no headroom... I don't have the money and I don't have a car, but I'm really into head-fi and I follow this forum a lot, imagining what it must sound like while other people can get lots of stuff and compare this and prefer that...

I got the stuff I have at really good deal from the most friendly headfier I know, I check the forsale forums like mad looking for a deal. If I was of the attitude to feel satisfied with what I have, I wouldn't be on head-fi. I would have been long gone, and more likely would never have made it here.

I feel real happy to have it and I like it a lot, but that doesn't mean it gets a 10 or that someone else's stuff sucks. I will hardly be satisfied with what I have when I know there's something else that everyone's talking about. Isn't that what motivates head-fiers to do comparisons, to see what they might be missing? Or are they altruistic measuring-device humans?

frown.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 19
Never heard it, but it does look promising on paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back