Rate iTunes for Windows
Apr 30, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #34 of 41
Wow everyone hates iTunes.

I love it. It organized my library like no other, searching for songs is no problem. Cover Flow is the slickest thing i have seen on any player. I can listen to my brother, and my sisters limewire songs wirelessly with it. i didnt even have to set it up, it happend automaticly. And smart playlists are a dream. I was trying to get off of itunes but i couldnt find any programs that could make smartplaylists like itunes.

Burn CDs so easily. I dont use it for ripping CDs though because of its messed filing system.

For the 3gb of my music that had to be converted to itunes crap format, and the mess of files its all in i dont care. Since i got my whole library in one folder anyways, the real stuff stays organized. If i really wanted i could just convert that stuff to mp3 and id have no problem.

I really see no problems with iTunes, i dont care about how much memory it takes to run or anything like that. I got a good computer, and i dont do much tought stuff anyways so i dont care, i dont notice a thing.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #35 of 41
I use iTunes regularly. Yeah, it's got its issues, but is easy to use for people of a broad audience. It's user-friendly and fairly stable. Both my parents and my kids can use it without any type of training... which I think is awesome.

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It also forces you to consolidate your library in Apple's format of folder sorting. I've spent hours on repairing my folders (multiples times). That's the headache of it.

I don't use my PC much anymore, but I've never had iTunes do this, or delete my folders like another poster said, ever since I started using it in 2003 (or early 2004, I forget).

I'd vote for the "Probably not the best, but (was) good enough for me" or "I'm on OS X" options

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #37 of 41
Chilling with Bebel Gilberto on iTunes for Windows.
smily_headphones1.gif

iTunes.jpg

Apr 30, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #38 of 41
Options are a little lopsided dont ya think !??
biggrin.gif

I like Itunes quite a lot

May 1, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 41
I prefer Itunes over WMP never really explored others, but it looks like I might be in the market for a new MP3 player or god knows what kind of device and I may be switching software, I'll have to explore.

May 1, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #40 of 41
I hate iTunes, but I have it on my computer for when people come over and can't handle changing the music otherwise

It takes about a minute and a half to load on my computer (foobar is instant), uses 68mb of RAM just when its idle (foobar takes 11mb with transparency), forces you to install Quicktime software, lacks many of the configuration options I want to tweak, and worst of all doesn't support FLAC.
icon13.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back