Rat Shack just ripped me off
May 8, 2003 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

beastie

Head-Fier
i just recieved my modified d25s today. went to local rat shack to buy the necessary ac adaptor for it. the bloody thing costed me 30 bux Cdn or 20US. thieves! anyone know if this is sort of a fair price or is it way too expensive?

anyway, this player is so good. it is way smaller and lighter than i thought it'd be. all metal. looks a beaut. very clear and crisp sound. they are less dark sounding than my pana pcdp, but it could be the muddy sound that gives the darkness. one problem: there's no bass boost... i kind of like bass boost on my old player. wish i have a manual to figure out the functions of the few buttons that it has. anyway, very happy with the purchase. although i'm still flabbergasted from the cost of the adaptor. the customs charge and the adaptor costed over half the price of the player. crazy.

May 8, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 17
your title is a tad too dramatic.
rolleyes.gif

radio shack could sue you for slander!

May 8, 2003 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 17
I paid $17 plus tax for mine. If you thought you were getting ripped off why did you buy it?

May 8, 2003 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 17
I've bought one at $18. Go back and ask about the price, maybe the computer messed it up. I have had good experience with costumer service at RS.
Which mods did you get?

CD44hi

May 8, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
I paid $17 plus tax for mine. If you thought you were getting ripped off why did you buy it?

Music doesn't have a price.

TA

EDIT: Had a not-so-funny (read as NOT funny) correction. Hankins sez it best
|
\/

May 8, 2003 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 17
tommyatkins: It's definitely got a price. It's just worth it.

May 8, 2003 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
If you thought you were getting ripped off why did you buy it?

LMAO!

May 8, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #12 of 17
thanks for the manual.
i got it because there's no alternative. i don't know where else to get one(except online) and i need one for the player. so have to suck it up. if anyone's rich, good for you. for those who think 18 bux is fair for an adaptor: no contest. since i don't make that much money and got tuition to pay, i just think it's ridiculous.

mine is a toro_bull mod, bought from a fellow head-fier.

May 8, 2003 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 17
If you have other Sony PCDPs you might want to try their adaptors. I guess that's $30 is the norm at Radioshack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back