Raspberry Pi
May 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:
I'm really looking for one that'll have room for an external hard drive and the nest of cables 
rolleyes.gif

Haven't seen anything like that pre-built

May 10, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:
It hadn't really occurred to me that an external hard drive mightn't work with the Pi, I'll have to check compatibility. 

Any case ideas?

usb hdd will work great as long as you have powered usb hub. I use old 1TB WD 3.5" external drive, it has it's own power supply and works with Pi without hub but i still use powered usb hub to connect DAC and HDD. With case i wasn't original and got myself http://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/pibow/products/pibow-sleek

btw, low-profile mini-itx cases might be what you're looking for with little modification

May 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #36 of 37

Arduino is fun little thing that you can use in many ways you can imagine, also there alot of network players on the market but for me most of them are dull or overpriced, i'd rather built my own music nas on itx platform then spend money on those useless players. I guess they're great choice for people who don't want to spend whole day tweaking linux distro

May 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Arduino is fun little thing that you can use in many ways you can imagine, also there alot of network players on the market but for me most of them are dull or overpriced, i'd rather built my own music nas on itx platform then spend money on those useless players. I guess they're great choice for people who don't want to spend whole day tweaking linux distro

I already have an Arduino Uno but I don't know if that can be used as a audio player. I'll have a look at Mini ITX.

Edit: They look quite expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back