Raspberry Pi Windows 10 audio prospects
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

asilker

Head-Fier
I don't have any experience with Raspberries but I should be picking one up soon. Wondering if anyone can talk to me about which apps are available utilizing the new Windows IoT build. I'm interested in the possibility of figuring out how to integrate foobar or foobar mobile.

I'm doing lossless on an external out to a USB DAC. I have experience with foobar2000.

Thoughts?

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 9
Foobar is only windows compatible. And I've been looking at runeaudio, it looks very well developed. At this point that's the program I'm moving toward.

I like the idea of using foobar because of the customizable ui

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #6 of 9
Oh! You want to physically use the machine with a keyboard and mouse?

Maybe. I mean I'm comfortable running a headless server but keyboard/mouse is an option. Kodi looks interesting for that kind of application.

Mostly I'm just hoping foobar becomes integrated soon. I love it on my PC, so I wish I could run it on PI

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 9
Maybe. I mean I'm comfortable running a headless server but keyboard/mouse is an option. Kodi looks interesting for that kind of application.

Mostly I'm just hoping foobar becomes integrated soon. I love it on my PC, so I wish I could run it on PI

Have the developers of Foobar2000 said something about creating a Windows 10 IoT app? Unless they have, you can forget about it.

Windows 10 IoT is not Windows 10, it does not even have a shell or the ability to run several programs at the same time. It is basically for hobbyist to make lights blink etc.. For additional complication, Pi has an ARM processor while the current Foobar2000 probably has much X86 specific code.

Getting Foobar2000 to run on WIndows 10 IoT would require a total rewrite of the application. (I take it that Foobar 2000 is not a "Universal application".)  I would be really surprised if the developers would not find something better to do with their time.

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Oof! Didn't realize it was such a gap. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll spend some time getting familiar with runeaudio and kodi and see which setup serves me best for the time being.

On a related topic... Does anyone know how to edit the ui on runeaudio? Is it insanely complex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back