Raspberry Pi & DAC for Headless Audio Player
Jun 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

My worries are controlling it, and dealing with 1tb's worth of music. How does everyone get on with finding what music you want to play? Is making/playing back playlists possible? Searching work ok? Obviously setting up playlists and album layouts before can make things easier.

The software I use allows to navigate over music, make playlist, do search and so on. Here is an example of mobile (remote) UI.
https://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/musicbarrel/screenshots/DSC_0143.JPG

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #17 of 19
Hi,

Sounds interesting. I've got a nuforce uDac and I want to set up a headless music player and there seems to be a lot of popularity around the Raspberry Pi. What screen did you get and what does it show you? My primary goals with my setup are:

1. Low power consumption
  2. Read music over network from NAS
  3. Remote control - playlists, back, skip, play, pause, volume etc, from iPhone
  4. Same control from small cheap touch screen (for guests, wife, kids, me when I've lost my phone)
  5. Nice to have - Airplay target so audio can be streamed from other peoples' iPhones

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tx

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #18 of 19
  Hi,

Sounds interesting. I've got a nuforce uDac and I want to set up a headless music player and there seems to be a lot of popularity around the Raspberry Pi. What screen did you get and what does it show you? My primary goals with my setup are:

1. Low power consumption
  2. Read music over network from NAS
  3. Remote control - playlists, back, skip, play, pause, volume etc, from iPhone
  4. Same control from small cheap touch screen (for guests, wife, kids, me when I've lost my phone)
  5. Nice to have - Airplay target so audio can be streamed from other peoples' iPhones

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tx

Check out this link and thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654177/raspberry-pi-and-usb-audio#post_9593110

which describes the system i built for my car and which contains my entire music collection, uncompressed

db3b8940_CarStereoMusicServer2013-02-16-option3.jpeg

Jan 2, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 19
Excellent info and block diagram, Cat6man!
I've recently been looking into capabilities of Raspberry Pi and possibly Arduino for playing HD audio files away from my home base.
The car audio setup looks like a fine idea!
I think I'm in the market for a Raspbaerry Pi now I've seen what you can get happening through it!
Excellent, thanks!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back