RARE SRA14 STAX AMP AT RARIFIED PRICE
Jul 24, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 10
Ummm... [clears throat]

Thanks. At least I now now what mine is worth
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 10
I'm after a 14S myself, but that price is ridiculous. You could import one from Japan for half of that.

I can't blame the guy for trying to get as much as he can for it, but if someone actually pays $1500 for one, then you're getting ripped off.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow
I have seen some others without a cartridge circuit go for somewhat less. I'l be curious to see if it sells. Anyone know anything about the headphone amp portion?

The headphone amp in it is regarded in some circles as third only to the T2 and 717.

14Ss usually go for under 60000 yen in Japan.

Jul 30, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 10
That simply might have more to due with how he patterened the auction rather than the price. If he would have started with a lower opening price, then locked in a reserve, it probably would have sold for something just a tiny bit less than he truly wanted.

It's the way eBay is structured, and how people shop, that can govern success or failure.

By starting with an opening bid of $1500 he 'tipped his hand' at the opening and people could decide to simply keep away without showing any interest at all. It is better to start very low and allow the bidders themselves to compete against the 'hidden' reserve - allow the market forces of people's own interest to drive the price to where you (hope) to sell.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow
I see that it didn't get any bids. I'm glad there is some sanity among Stax buyers..

"Some" being the key word.
lambda.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
That simply might have more to due with how he patterened the auction rather than the price. If he would have started with a lower opening price, then locked in a reserve, it probably would have sold for something just a tiny bit less than he truly wanted.

It's the way eBay is structured, and how people shop, that can govern success or failure.

By starting with an opening bid of $1500 he 'tipped his hand' at the opening and people could decide to simply keep away without showing any interest at all. It is better to start very low and allow the bidders themselves to compete against the 'hidden' reserve - allow the market forces of people's own interest to drive the price to where you (hope) to sell.

Even if he structured it differently, he wasn't going to get $1500 for it. They just aren't worth that much.

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #10 of 10
Someone said there are SRA amps on the market in Japan,

I'm looking for the Stax SRA 14S card for electrostatic pickups made by stax. I have also a spare MM-card which is never used and still sealed in the original package. I even would try to rebuild if I could find some pictures of the card. Is there anyone who has more information about the amp or the cards?

Regards Gerog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back