Rare Interview with William Burroughs in Sensitive Skin #8
Apr 30, 2012 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Fellow fallow Head-Fi members:

I'm thrilled beyond sanity and pants to report that Sensitive Skin #8 is now inflicting its wrath upon the web and your local bookstore (yes, the one you own)! May its treble entendres singe your pelvic eyebrows!  It features a rare interview with William Burroughs conducted by Allen Ginsberg; previously unpublished photos of W.B., Sid Vicious and stately punks o' yore by ReSEARCH photographer Ruby Ray; and snappy writing and artwork by a propinquity of begetters. Though we've tastefully omitted references to the William Tell Overture in this issue, we've crafted this special cover to hint at the explosive chortles that await those (and I mean yous) who happen to crack it.

Here was the beauty part for that mien of misery, Scrypt, a/k/a Oreginald Braithwaite:  Actually editing the interview with Burroughs, as well as the previously unpublished passages from Allen Ginsberg's journals.

Also featured:  Neo-noir fiction by James Greer from Guided by Voices, Mike Hudson (former lead singer for the Pagans) and Rob Hardin of Pitch Black.  Next month on the music tip:  Writing by Fred Frith.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 4
You're spittin' into the prop wash here. There's no Japanese cartoons referenced? 

Also, the firearm (handgun) Burroughs is holding is not a Colt 1911. It's an HK P7. The later is an erudite's gun. I have several. Pew, Pew, Pew...

Burroughs with Colt Commander, 1981, photograph by Ruby Ray

But nice, as always, to see you post, Mr. Scypture. I will keep up with the publication for sure. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the conflicted support, Mr. SGT.  My twelfth personality commiserates (though my ninth is being callous, as usual).

Funny you should bludgeon it -- I was just suggesting the use of different editors for certain kinds of content (I can personally attest that not one of our staff own a gun).  The photographer spent oodles of time with Mr. Burroughs out in Lawrence, Kansas, but that doesn't make her a bullet aficionado, either. 

I can't think of an American indie literary magazine capable of affording the luxury of special eds (or the art of drooling, for that matterhorn), but the notion might be swell if applied to our line of books.

And truthfully, I'm never averse to being ignored on Head-fi.  It's the zest of the conversation that interests me, even if I'm talking to myself.

May 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 4
And speaking of talking to myself:

Self 1:  Prithee, Tom-a-Lay Self, did you happen to notice that the Burroughs interview got written up in the LA Times?

Self 2:  In all truthfulness, Gnarwhaag Hanniglap Self, I didn't. May't please you to send the link?

Self 1:  Marry, i'faith. It was a fair dinkum o' laudatory loot.  I'll facilitate your linkage appreciation now.

[Zoom!]

Self:  Damn, Self.  We rollin' like fat daddies now.

Both Selves:  This, then, is the link to the LA Times article I just spoke about:

[(Link to the LA Times article I just spoke about)].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back