raptor for ps1's a good choice?
Sep 24, 2006 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
couldn't resist the deal on a Raptor! so I went down to the crossroads and sold my hr2 and what was left of my soul (move over robert johnson). now please tell me I did a good thing!
eek.gif

Sep 24, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 4
Over the last few Boston meets, I have had the chance to listen to the raptor powering both the RS-1 and the PS-1 as well as the HR2 powering the PS-1. IMHO the Raptor and the RS-1 complement each other very nicely, much more so than with the PS-1. I felt the PS-1 with the raptor was a bit too thick sounding (warm) for me and this is coming from a guy who adores warm sources (NAD) with warm phones (Senns). I felt the real gem (for me) at the last meet was the PS-1 powered by the HR2 (oops sorry). See if you can get it back
very_evil_smiley.gif

eh... don't listen to me... just an opinion... you probably did the right thing
cool.gif

Sep 24, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_the_gamer
Over the last few Boston meets, I have had the chance to listen to the raptor powering both the RS-1 and the PS-1 as well as the HR2 powering the PS-1. IMHO the Raptor and the RS-1 complement each other very nicely, much more so than with the PS-1. I felt the PS-1 with the raptor was a bit too thick sounding (warm) for me and this is coming from a guy who adores warm sources (NAD) with warm phones (Senns). I felt the real gem (for me) at the last meet was the PS-1 powered by the HR2 (oops sorry). See if you can get it back
very_evil_smiley.gif

eh... don't listen to me... just an opinion... you probably did the right thing
cool.gif

no sweat. it's obvious from yer id you're just gamin on me!

Sep 25, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 4
I have not heard the Raptor but the PS-1 does seem to like tubes and I love my Slam/PS-1 combo so I'd imagine with a little bit of rolling you'll be pretty happy!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back