Rapper Cans
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-fiers
I've been thinking about stuff and I thought most crazes come to an end or change, so what about Rapper headphones, I think we can all agree that rapper headphones are not head-fi favourites, but do you think the market for them will eventually (or very quickly) die out. If so how do you think it will happen, what do you think the consequences will be.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 6
As long as people are willing to pay huge wads of cash to have a name or symbol on their gear its not going to die out. Dre has gone totally viral, with his logo on more than just headphones. Beats is in computer audio, smartphones, and car audio... As long as they stand to make money, companies are going to keep making products like these. And who can blame them? If I could sell a $50 piece of equipment for $200 just by putting a name on it I would probably do it too

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 6
I hope not. I have a stock pile of "Soul by Ludacris" headphones in my closet. I'm waiting for the right moment to unload them. This is gonna be my big come up, fo sho.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
As long as people are willing to pay huge wads of cash to have a name or symbol on their gear its not going to die out. Dre has gone totally viral, with his logo on more than just headphones. Beats is in computer audio, smartphones, and car audio... As long as they stand to make money, companies are going to keep making products like these. And who can blame them? If I could sell a $50 piece of equipment for $200 just by putting a name on it I would probably do it too

don't you think the market will mature, because fashion changes doesn't it, I know that headphone sound quality will take longer to change as their is less focus on it but does anyone think the same as me?

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 6
I hope u are right so that good quality will be easier to find outside of specialty websites. But until decent sound becomes the norm people won't know what they're missing and aren't going to pay for it. People look at me like a madman when I tell them how much I spent on my HE-400s but once they hear them they can usually understand my purchase. Many people just don't realize that there is anything better than Monsters.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm not sure information or the market maturing can help in this case. People want what people want. There's information everywhere about cans that are better than Beats or whatever, but people want fashion/power/status, so there you go. And that won't change. Just like the amount of people willing to spend on snake oil hasn't changed after the advert of the internet. Even with what we have nowadays there are some of us willing to spend on silver cables that can "brighten up" the sound of a pair o CIEMs or special audiophile-grade USB cables that make the music coming out of a DAC "warmer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back