Rapidshare Problem
Jun 10, 2008 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Puppysmith

100+ Head-Fier
I don't have a premium account and wanted to know if this happens often.

33th737.png

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 11
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

never knew rapidshare had such a nerdy sense of humor

the riemann hypothesis has been outstanding for about 200 years now and the central problem for about 10 times longer. rapidshare has stopped free downloads during the day - earlier they used to put more than 4 letters in their pictures with cats and then ask you to enter all the letters with cats in them, basically stopping you from using their bandwidth while giving you the illusion that you can still use it. free users can only get stuff during "happy hours" dont know exactly when they are but usually its at night.

ps. if you do solve the riemann hypothesis, you will instantly become the richest man in the world and wont be needing to download anything from rapidshare as you could just as well buy them
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rapidshare has stopped free downloads during the day - earlier they used to put more than 4 letters in their pictures with cats and then ask you to enter all the letters with cats in them, basically stopping you from using their bandwidth while giving you the illusion that you can still use it. free users can only get stuff during "happy hours" dont know exactly when they are but usually its at night.

What? You misunderstood what they were asking. You had to enter the letters which had the same type of cat, either standing or sitting. There was no illusion...

Anyway, it's worth going premium if you know which forums to join (um, forums for "linux distros"). If you just want a few downloads, but don't need a whole months membership, go here Rapidshare-Premium.com to get 500 premium downloads for just 1 euro.

EK

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? You misunderstood what they were asking. You had to enter the letters which had the same type of cat, either standing or sitting. There was no illusion...

EK

oh...man do i feel stupid right now. ><

a good joke nonetheless, if it really was one. if the OP made that himself, may i have permission to put it up outside my door? im sure everyone around me will have a nice chuckle
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 11
thank god i have premium.

Jun 10, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 11
i still get the old cat questions, so they havent completely blocked out free users
wink.gif

it was probably just down for maintenance or something; blocking free users with with the power of the riemann hypothesis

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 11
That is genius! Would suck if they completely blocked out free users though, outside of happy hour. Thank goodness I have premium.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back