no.

Trust me, you are not missing anything
redface.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #107 of 782
edited

Jun 26, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #108 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
That may be it. I think it was Aerosmith I heard.
Is this a common style for rap music?

Quote:

Originally posted by snausages
That sort of sampling is very common in mainstream rap. It's like they're recycling rock hits from a generation ago to kids who won't recognize the song; like Puff Daddy doing "Every Breath You Take".

It makes me wanna puke.

Jun 26, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #109 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Actually, I just downloaded one of their songs, after all the hype here, I had to hear it for myself to give it a chance. Boy I must say that they really are not good at all, LOL. They can't play, sing, and the rapping sounds ridiculous. It was one of the worst things I ever heard. The only good thing I can say about that I was laughing pretty damn hard at just how god awful it was, so it was good for a chuckle.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
rolleyes.gif

Which song?

redface.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #110 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Something that I have noticed about this thread is that many people seem to be defending rap, disagreeing with rap haters, saying that rap is good, etc. The whole point of this thread is, as MetalHead said, "Rap Sucks." So for all of the people I just explained (above), I don't think you should be posting in this thread because THIS IS A THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE RAP. So if you have nothing bad to say (about rap), then don't say anything at all.

I'm not trying to defend the entire genre of rap, but are you saying people aren't allowed to disagree, and perhaps give Metalhead and others info that could possibly give new light to their views?
rolleyes.gif

If you feel this way, why did you dismiss the authors views on the Beosound 2 in the"Worlds Greatest MP3 Player" thread. Based on your logic, that was a thread to praise the Beosound, and any posts by people who don't agree were unwarrented?
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #112 of 782
That song is a bit diffferent from their earlier stuff and shouldn't be your entire basis for what they sound like but unfortunately it probably already is.

biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:22 PM Post #113 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by mtkversion
That song is a bit diffferent from their earlier stuff and shouldn't be your entire basis for what they sound like but unfortunately it probably already is.

biggrin.gif

I agree to a point, but give KR credit. He was open minded enough to try it.

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #115 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Something that I have noticed about this thread is that many people seem to be defending rap, disagreeing with rap haters, saying that rap is good, etc. The whole point of this thread is, as MetalHead said, "Rap Sucks." So for all of the people I just explained (above), I don't think you should be posting in this thread because THIS IS A THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE RAP. So if you have nothing bad to say (about rap), then don't say anything at all.

Fascinating, that you're trying to dictate policy on a web board on which one of the moderators (Mac Def) has done precisely the thing of which you complain. On the other hand, if you're willing to pay my rent and buy me several rounds of Hine Cigar Reserve Cognac at the local Bar and Book, why then we'll discuss your subject your way. Until then, you might want to check your ego at the door.

You can't simply insult someone else's taste and then decree that some convenient and hallucinated Head-fi policy prevents said foont from defending what you've dissed.

Jun 26, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #116 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
I agree to a point, but give KR credit. He was open minded enough to try it.

Definitely. Good point.

Jun 26, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #117 of 782
I just listened to the Seed. I got to agree with KR on this one. It's literaly the same beat for four minutes. They could have at least changed the beat a few times. Not use the same one for four agonizing minutes. I had a open mind before I listened, and it didn't pay off. Sorry guys.

Jun 26, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #118 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I just listened to the Seed. I got to agree with KR on this one. It's literaly the same beat for four minutes. They could have at least changed the beat a few times. Not use the same one for four agonizing minutes. I had a open mind before I listened, and it didn't pay off. Sorry guys.

Having said what I said about being open minded, you can't judge a career body of work by someone or a group with one song, either.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #119 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Having said what I said about being open minded, you can't judge a career body of work by someone or a group with one song, either.
wink.gif

True, so here is the deal.

Name five songs by any group or groups that you think are the best underground stuff.

I will do my best to download them and take a listen. I think there is always an exception to every rule, so there just has to be at least one rap song that doesn't suck. Hell I can name good country songs, freaking COUNTRY!!!!! So there has to be at least one from the 100,000 raps out there that isn't crap. I want to find it. I don't know enough about this music to do it on my own. Help me find it.

Jun 26, 2003 at 9:32 PM Post #120 of 782
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I will do my best to download them and take a listen. I think there is always an exception to every rule, so there just has to be at least one rap song that doesn't suck. Hell I can name good country songs, freaking COUNTRY!!!!! So there has to be at least one from the 100,000 raps out there that isn't crap. I want to find it. I don't know enough about this music to do it on my own. Help me find it.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back