Rap rules !!
Jan 9, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #16 of 21
There were also a ton of one hit wonders during that Golden Age I referred to before. Check out Ego Trips' book of Rap Lists for an informative and humorous look at hip hop. Best dis records, best music to pop and lock to, you know that kind of stuff.

Feb 6, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 21
not rap more like hip-hop
biggrin.gif

http://www.nyke.tv/

try it

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #19 of 21
I love old school rap music, but I listen to more of today's rapper (underground ones). I like Snowgoons, The Last Emperor, Immortal Technique, Celph Titled, Apathy, Demigodz, Cunninglynguist, Deltron 3030, Binary Star, Brother Ali,  Ariano, Cormega - Testament, King Syze,  IAM, Army of The Pharaohs, Big L, and Lord Lhus. All great rappers especially Immortal Technique, you have to be smart to get some of his metaphors though.  

May 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
No Eric B & Rakim or Wu Tang Clan?

Exactly what I thought. I remember you from another thread about the D2Ks. Can you tell me how they are for Rap? Anyway, my personal favourites are KRS-One (Very intelligent and concious rapper). What i like most about KRS, is he is very intelligent, after his DJ, partner and close friend DJ Scott La Rock died after they're debut album, he started to rap about very smart topics, for example government, killing etc. And finally Big Daddy Kane. (ESPECIALLY later albums, no joke), not too much to say other then he is a very talented free-style/battle emcee. Listen to Lyrical Gymnastics-BDK and Higher Level-KRS for to understand what im talking about:). Pm if you want any other songs by him.

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 21
Gangsta rap sucks

Real stuff:
Unspoken truth
asop rock
mos def
(old school) common
illogic 
wu tang 
mast ace 
gang star
the pyarcyde