[rap/hiphop] clipse - hell hath no fury
Nov 27, 2006 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mtkversion

500+ Head-Fier
the best hiphop/rap album i've heard in a long while .. wow.

i cheated and downloaded a scene release but will scoop up a copy after work tuesday it's so good .. every track from start to finish bangs.

this is quality from top to bottom. lyrics, production, length, track order .. nightmares to finish it off is perfection.

$10 at stores on tuesday .. there's a reason it'll be in the top whatever lists of 2006 .. it deserves it.

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

clipse.jpg

Nov 27, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 15
I'm previewing right now, agreed on the wow factor. You jumped the scene at least by not finding out about it from a pitchfork review :p. Anyway, this one's gonna be around for a while.

Oh yeah, were you slightly annoyed by the altogether too predictable Samuel L Jackson sample? At least it wasn't from SoaP.

Nov 27, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm previewing right now, agreed on the wow factor. You jumped the scene at least by not finding out about it from a pitchfork review :p. Anyway, this one's gonna be around for a while.

Oh yeah, were you slightly annoyed by the altogether too predictable Samuel L Jackson sample? At least it wasn't from SoaP.

Pitchfork has been hyping this album for a while now. Not that that's a bad thing though. I put it on my lala want list after that Interrobang article got me to look at some weblog responses to the album.

I'm looking forward to hearing Hell Hath No Fury though. I saw Clipse open for Ice Cube earlier this year and they were kind of boring so I am curious as to what they can do in the studio.

Nov 28, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 15
Ah. I feel guilty enough just reading pitchfork reviews anymore, I don't venture into articles, especially called "Interrobang". Granted most of my musical tastes in the early aughts were informed by the fork, but since then they've passed me by, or something.

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's been long time since lord willin. i'm definitely going to try this out

right .. you get a chance to hear it yet? what do you think if so?

i can't stop playing chinese new year ( track #11 )

pusha's verse is
blink.gif

if you guys want to hear a quality rap album this is it .. but take it for what it is ... entertainment.
600smile.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 15
I really don't see how this album is getting such great reviews. While the production is a little better than the usual neptunes beat it still isn't anything special (to my ears). Their delivery seems like it is missing something, whether it be charisma or better rhyme schemes I don't know. Maybe it is both. As for lyrics I couldn't tell because if they can't get the music portion right I lose interest real fast. Maybe the Clipse just isn't for me.

Dec 1, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 15
Wow, do you guys just look through critic reviews and say its good? THIS ALBUM IS STRAIGHT GARBAGE! Im dead serious, sometimes i wonder about the people on this forum, i always picture aristocrats looking down their nose at you when i see people praising garbage just because critics reviewed it high. Clipse sounds like every mainstream rapper, Hell i'd rather listen to lil jon then this sorry disgrace of an album. I'd like to know what other kinds of hip hop you listen to, because this monotonic album blows chunks.

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by natlazaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, do you guys just look through critic reviews and say its good? THIS ALBUM IS STRAIGHT GARBAGE! Im dead serious, sometimes i wonder about the people on this forum, i always picture aristocrats looking down their nose at you when i see people praising garbage just because critics reviewed it high. Clipse sounds like every mainstream rapper, Hell i'd rather listen to lil jon then this sorry disgrace of an album. I'd like to know what other kinds of hip hop you listen to, because this monotonic album blows chunks.

you're entitled to your opinion but don't trash other people for liking something ... and i won't take anyone serious who says they'd rather listen to Lil Jon over this album ...
plainface.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #12 of 15
Hm, I finally heard this album and was not super impressed. They are certainly skilled lyricists, but the production and flow on Hell Hath No Fury is really not my style. On some tracks their voices really stand out as being particularly engaging, but much of the time it felt like they were kind of bored or something.

And are the lyrics available online anywhere? I did a search and actually found my own post in this thread a page into the google results before more than one true lyrics website.

Dec 4, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 15
I respect the OP's tastes...but IMHO this is album is average at best-no different than any of the other mainstream garbage that is released every other week.

Dec 4, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
right .. you get a chance to hear it yet? what do you think if so?

i can't stop playing chinese new year ( track #11 )

pusha's verse is
blink.gif

if you guys want to hear a quality rap album this is it .. but take it for what it is ... entertainment.
600smile.gif

no not yet but i'll get this for sure. i'm not a rap fan like i used to so this is not a must now. last one was probably the best i like out of all rap. of course excluding any bone or biggie's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back