Rap/Hip-Hop Headphones?
Nov 25, 2011 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EnigmaticHipsta

New Head-Fier
ok i came here looking for headphones but most of the reviews i read said that a good number were lacking bass

as an avid hiphop/rap listener what are a good  pair headphones designed for mainly listening to rap and hip-hop music or have good quality for listening to that type of music. i know a good number of you might mention the beats but to me they are just not worth the money

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 11

I think your sentiments about the Beats and their value is fairly consistent with this forum's overall opinion - I'd be surprised to see them suggested. There are headphones that are known for substantial bass impact; from FR graphs and specs the Sony MDR-XB1000 should be the best candidate (I have never heard the monster). I would be more inclined to suggest Sennheiser products at various price points (starting with the HD 280 and ending with the HD 600) given what you've stated; what kind of budget and so on would be helpful for future posters.
Quote:
ok i came here looking for headphones but most of the reviews i read said that a good number were lacking bass

as an avid hiphop/rap listener what are a good  pair headphones designed for mainly listening to rap and hip-hop music or have good quality for listening to that type of music. i know a good number of you might mention the beats but to me they are just not worth the money

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah, price point would help but just for starters, a lot of Sony headphones in the XB line are known for their powerful bass.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 11
On any budget I would still suggest the Sony XB500, if you like punchy bass or the XB700 if you like deep, deep bass.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 11
Sony MDR-XB700 or XB1000 if you can find a deal.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #8 of 11
Yeah, the XB700 or the 1000 if you can find a deal like croozer said. The 700's bass is well renowned. Pretty much like what the beats should of been....only dipped in price 200 dollars or so.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
someone told me soul by luda sl150 are those any good

Did that person actually listen to them and has also listened to other headphones?

Headphone suggestions:

Shure SRH750 DJ
AudioTechnica M50
Ultrasone DJ1 & PRO 650
Vmoda M80
Beyer DT770 PRO
Panasonic HTF600

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back