RANT: Who the Hell is Everyone on the Phone with?
Jun 30, 2003 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

williamgoody

Banned
I mean everywhere I go, people on the street, in the car, in the stores, in restaurants, people are all on their cell phones. Who the hell are they all talking to? I've got a lot of friends and acquaintances, but I don't need to talk to them every minute of every day.

Christ, the mall I work in is nothing but a giant phone booth.

And I'm watching Sunday Night Baseball, a home run is hit, and in the bleachers where the ball lands in about, say, a ten foot span, FOUR people are on the phone.

It's rediculous.
eek.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 73
It's RIDICULOUS DAMNIT!!

Ok, i feel better now.

Yeah, what the **** is it with everyone and their ******* cell phones, it's like electronic crack! When i'm on the F train everytime we hit elevated stops every ****ing moron whips out there cell phone and this is the typical conversation:

"hello, it's me, i'm at smith and 9th, i'll be home in 10 minutes, so what are you doing"
"...."
"helllo....hellloooo....hellloooo...HELLLOOO, i can't hear you"
"..."
"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! THE SIGNAL IS BREAKING UP, HELLLOOOO"

(back underground)

You have to be a real moron to own a cell phone with service that ****ty...what the **** are you paying for? aggravation? It's totally useless. Buy a ****ing blackberry or something.

Jun 30, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 73
Yep. It's pretty hilarious. You know what's great: I can identify on the road what a "telephone turn" is... indicated by some slow, or badly aimed, or jerky turn. I say "Oh, that's gotta be a telephone"... and then the person drives by, and yep... he or she is on the phone.
biggrin.gif

Gotta love it.

Jun 30, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
damn whiners

apparently your one the accused, how do you plea?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Yeah, what the **** is it with everyone and their ******* cell phones, it's like electronic crack! When i'm on the F train everytime we hit elevated stops every ****ing moron whips out there cell phone and this is the typical conversation:

Same thing over here. Every single day when I take the bus home from the subway station, everyone under the age of 50 whips out a ****ing cell phone and start yaking away with the most inane conversations you can think of. Ever hear 20 teenage girls talking on their cells about who loves who, who dumped who, and who has a crush on who and all that other ****? It's enough to make me pull out a machine gun and start shooting at them on full-auto, and if it weren't for my headphones and Discman I'd likely have flipped out and done it already. I need to start working towards a firearms certificate.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #11 of 73
At least I have manners when using a cell phone. If I get a call in a restaurant, I tell the caller to hold on for a moment and I go outside to have the conversation or I return the call later. I don't walk and talk if I get a call while bothering everyone I walk past. Rather, I take it to a secluded corner and finish the conversation.

Oh, and people, [size=medium]you don't have to yell into a cell phone[/size]! You can speak in a [size=small]normal voice[/size] and be understood by the caller on the other end just fine.

Use your indoor voice.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 73
the most i hate is the ppl driving using the cell phone .
i always wanna give themm a finger ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE BEING DISTRACTED DRIVING WHILE USING THE PHONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back