RANT: False anticipations
May 12, 2002 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
You don't have to pay any attention to me, i just have to say this..

Okay so this is what i hate:

Threads with questions about how one headphone competes agaist another or where to find a review of a certain headphone, titled like this:

XX review

XX vs. XX

Comparison: XX vs. XX

.... Not even half of threads titled like that contain actual reviews or comparisons..

Do anyone agree with me on this??

May 12, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 9
I definitely agree with you and i know what threads your talking about.
wink.gif

May 13, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Flasken,
I think most of the posts here reflect an enthusiasm for our hobby. If most people came here and just searched the archives, there would be very little to post. Unless new products appear, what else would we have to talk about.
Don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying.
I think I would rather be in a forum like this rather than a forum where all the questions were answered in faqs and archive searches. That is regardless of the inane posts.
I have been in newsgroups where words like "slander" and "litigation" have come up.
This forum is cool.
Take a deep breath and dive through what you don't want to read and be happy for the rest. In any public forum you are going to have to wade through the ...uh...whatever. I don't know what this forum's credo is, but I think it invovles the education, reviews and testing of the things we are all interested in.
just my thoughts,
md

May 13, 2002 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 9
millerdog your points are taken though i did not intend to start a discussion. I'm just glad some people agree (thanks gloco). Don't you know that feeling when you just HATE "it"?? Sometimes all you want to know is that someone feels the same.

May 13, 2002 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Like I said, I know what you are saying(though I will NOT comment on it.Been there done that).
I guess I was just trying to put a different perspective on it.
Hell you got more posts than me. You should know better! lol
All those posts is what makes this room happen!
Flasken, take it easy and remember that it's cool just to have a forum where you can post your opinions.
just my thoughts,
md

May 13, 2002 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 9
I fully agree with you. Thread names are often not very descriptive and sometimes misleading. I'm probably guilty of that myself, but I really think that more descriptive thread names, even if they get longer and are not as catchy would be a great thing.

PS: Incidentally, given the title of this thread I was expecting sth about false expectations based on descriptions of headphones at head-fi and disappointment once you get to hear them yourself.

May 13, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 9
definately agree with ya Flask. not that I read the reviews that much, it sucks when you're like "that sounds interesting" and when you open the thread theres 'nothing' there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back