Rant against Hell's Kitchen on Fox
Jun 13, 2006 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Ferbose

Headphoneus Supremus
The first season was actually pretty entertaining.
But the grand prize was supposed to be a new restaurant for the winner.
Instead, chef Ramsey offered the winner to be an apprentice of his, and he accepted.
So, Fox did not have to spend millions of bucks building a new restaurant for the winner.
That is totally cheating.
It's the cheapest cheap-shot in reality TV I hav eever seen.

No way I am going to watch the second season and get fooled again.
mad.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 15
The resteraunt buisness is very competive. Who is to say that the resteraunt wouldn't of simply flopped immediatly? Good resteraunts aren't started that easily, they take years to establish themselves. Maybe being an apprentice might be a more valuable experience... if the goal is to break into the high end chef buisness, I can see this a very relevant and a good choice.

Jun 13, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 15
I dunno, that scrawny guy (whatever his name his) who won was given a choice between winning the kitchen prize and accepting the apprenticeship. In the end, I thought he made the right choice.

Well, if your not going to watch the second season of Hell's Kitchen, might I suggest Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on the Food Network? I love that show.

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 15
i caught the show last night. this is the first time Ive ever watched the show, and found it exciting lol.

The chef guy is so mean to the participants, I wonder if one day one of them will just snap and do something to hiim
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Gordon Ramsey ran for rector at my uni. Sadly he was beaten. I think that hes ace, although he does play it up for the camera.

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 15
I find that he appears very fake on TV...can't comment on what he's like in every day life though. And FWIW, I'll definitely agree that an apprenticeship is better than a new restaurant for a relatively new chef.

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 15
I liked the show. I didn't think it was overdone at all. It was fairly original and the challenges were interesting. I thought it was well-done.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I thought it was well-done.

pun intended?

I like the show. Just the stress of it makes me recall my days cooking. Not as a chef though.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 15
I watched it and hated myself the whole time for it. The constant flashbacks of what happened 2 minutes ago and dramatic breaks were seriously making me angry. I watch a few other reality tv shows but this one seems worse for some reason than Survivor or The Apprentice.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
i caught the show last night. this is the first time Ive ever watched the show, and found it exciting lol.

The chef guy is so mean to the participants, I wonder if one day one of them will just snap and do something to hiim
tongue.gif

I pity the fool who does, he's an ex footballer from Scotland and not a pushover.

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
I dunno, that scrawny guy (whatever his name his) who won was given a choice between winning the kitchen prize and accepting the apprenticeship. In the end, I thought he made the right choice.

In THE OTHER SHOW, apprentices compete to win prizes.
In this show, people compete to... be apprentices...
Tough Luck
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back