Random Topic Audio Discussion Thread.
Mar 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 151

DisCHORDDubstep

Headphoneus Supremus
A thread completely devoted to having no set topic from the beginning, allowing you to discuss whatever audio equipment, etc. that you wish to speak about! Try to keep in mind that we don't want this thread getting out of hand! No fighting, unless it is a statistically backed, valid argument that doesn't include any direct or indirect attacks on people.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 151
I think a good way to start this thread would be to list off the first word that comes to your mind.
Boobies........................
I need to get off the internet and take a walk........ :/

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 151
No fighting, unless it is a statistically backed, valid argument that doesn't include any direct or indirect attacks on people.

Pffft, screw this thread. I thought we were gonna be able to have fun in here!

biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 151
I think a good way to start this thread would be to list off the first word that comes to your mind.
Boobies........................
I need to get ff the internet and take a walk........ :/
Lol! Heh Heh.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 151

:D
we can have fun lol, just we don't want to get banned from the forum, now do we?

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 151

biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, well we'll see about that, buddy! Theres a 100% chance I punch in the throat, 95% I call you a ****** and 100% I tell you your choice in headphones sucks! 
Looks like I found a loophole lol Sorry disChordDupstep haha
But all joking aside, to get back on the topic of stuff that is off topic, has anyone noticed that dudes between the ages of 15-25 love turning up the bass in their cars? It annoys me to no end. In my civic, my brother will have it at +3 bass (or a 50% increase) while listening to already bass heavy obnoxious rap music. Not the good kind either.
also, loud cars suck and combined with the loud music/bass = me wanting to punch people in the throat.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 151
LOL I'd criticize but I'm nearly 29 and my car has a bass rig in it that left my mirrors useless. I happily admit that while I'm driving I like my bass to be thunderous. I crank ignorant hip hop while I'm in the car, but listen to rock/metal on my headphones. 

In my defense, I turn it down at red lights. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 151
Lol. I would only turn up bass if I had a dedicated 1000$-2000$ subwoofer system installed on my car, and was showing off. Other than that, when you turn up the bass on crappy speakers with crappy bass, then you get... Double crappy sound!

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 151
Already nine posts!

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 151
Lol. I would only turn up bass if I had a dedicated 1000$-2000$ subwoofer system installed on my car, and was showing off. Other than that, when you turn up the bass on crappy speakers with crappy bass, then you get... Double crappy sound!

Well, it triple the crappy sound because they are youtube rips. The bass isn't even close to detailed or good. It's just a one tone pthhhhhhhh sound. It hurts to listen to. The memories, they are killing me! 
Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find a shrink to cry to.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 151

Oh lord, yes. I hate this. I put about $1800 into the install in my car so when I'm in the mood for the kinda bass that  makes your breath stop I can do it. There's NOTHING worse than kids who crank the bass setting on stock speakers and think it sounds awesome. AUGH.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #12 of 151

Oh lord, yes. I hate this. I put about $1800 into the install in my car so when I'm in the mood for the kinda bass that  makes your breath stop I can do it. There's NOTHING worse than kids who crank the bass setting on stock speakers and think it sounds awesome. AUGH.

You see, the thing is, it''s the stock audio system that comes with 2009 Civic. It's not a bad system at all, but the thing is, it sounds terrible when the bass gets pumped up to stupid levels. I have no issue if someone makes a custom system for their car (it's actually quite respectable, if a little risky). However, I hope your new system isn't just a subwoofer in the trunk. My cousin did this with a Pilot. Kept everything stock, but installed a sub and it sounded atrocious.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #13 of 151
  You see, the thing is, it''s the stock audio system that comes with 2009 Civic. It's not a bad system at all, but the thing is, it sounds terrible when the bass gets pumped up to stupid levels. I have no issue if someone makes a custom system for their car (it's actually quite respectable, if a little risky). However, I hope your new system isn't just a subwoofer in the trunk. My cousin did this with a Pilot. Kept everything stock, but installed a sub and it sounded atrocious.

Replaced the door speakers, tweeters, head unit, amps on all the mids/highs, and then a JL sub in the back with its own amp. It can be a street thumper if I feel like it, but crank the sub down and it also just sounds really nice. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #14 of 151
Listening to Recess EP (Skrillex) due to some recommendations from some friends. I'm not huge on dubstep and I almost never like Skrillex but this is pretty good so far. Listening in FLAC and it sounds pretty good for EDM.

Listening on my HE-300's and enjoying the detail and texture in the bass...love these things!

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #15 of 151
Listening to Recess EP (Skrillex) due to some recommendations from some friends. I'm not huge on dubstep and I almost never like Skrillex but this is pretty good so far. Listening in FLAC and it sounds pretty good for EDM.

Listening on my HE-300's and enjoying the detail and texture in the bass...love these things!

I should try that song too sometime, but I don't have it in FLAC :frowning2:. Anywhere I can legally listen to it online in FLAC?
Also got the HE-300 by the way, loving them :)

On other hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back