Random temporary hearing loss?
Apr 2, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #17 of 20
I started experiencing hearing drop-outs and ringing in my left ear in early 2003. Then, one morning that April I woke up completely deaf above 8000 Hz. I was diagnosed with Meniere's and the hearing has never returned.

Not saying that to scare you. Meniere's is very rare. But don't mess with your hearing. See a doctor, or better yet, an ENT.

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhw
I started experiencing hearing drop-outs and ringing in my left ear in early 2003. Then, one morning that April I woke up completely deaf above 8000 Hz. I was diagnosed with Meniere's and the hearing has never returned.

Not saying that to scare you. Meniere's is very rare. But don't mess with your hearing. See a doctor, or better yet, an ENT.

I guess you don't have to worry about bright equipment...well in your left eat at least?

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I guess you don't have to worry about bright equipment...well in your left eat at least?

Heh. You know, that's EXACTLY the question I'm trying to figure out as I research which headphones to get. Maybe because it's compensating, my right ear is sensitive to high-frequencies. OTOH, headphones give me a more realistic soundstage for some reason; I don't notice the hearing difference like I do with speakers. Go figure.

My current front-runner is the AKG 501s: the emphasis is all in the midrange, where my hearing is still intact. I imagine the sound will be conveyed in a more balanced manner. The DT880s are also a possibility, but I'm wondering what the brightness will do to my right ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back